Couple of suspension questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
My square is still on factory everything suspension-wise. I was planning to lift it a little but it is a 2wd and that isn't looking so promising. I've read up on using HD springs and was pricing things out with a local truck shop and just had a few questions -

1. From stock height, how many inches would you estimate the front would be raised with the HD springs? The suspension shop is quoting me it will raise 3" but that seems like a lot.

2. Looking at the picture below you can see the combination of 235 tires and factory suspension make the truck pretty low. Is it reasonable to think that with new shocks and such that the truck will be sitting a few inches higher without updating the springs? Looking it up I think the ride height for the front fender is supposed to be 32" but that seems pretty low (barely higher than the car next to it in the picture)

3. The largest tires they will do after leveling and replacing worn wear parts on the suspension is 32" - I don't see why 33's wouldn't fit but just double-checking that 32" sounds like it should have plenty of clearance.

Truck info 1987 R10 2WD with a 305

Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I used Air Lift air bags in my front coils and got about 2" of lift. My truck already had HD spring as it had a 454. I used a 2" block in back to keep the rake. I was able to fit 33x12.50x16.5's with a 10" wide wheel with minor trimming in front. An 8" wide wheel would probably work without cutting on a 1/2 ton.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jethro224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Shocks won't lift it.
Springs hold it up. Shocks just control the springs so they don't keep bouncing.
Your old springs have probably sagged so new should give you a little more ride height.
Have you considered a body lift?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000