Cool Mirror Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
just get a couple tubes bent that have more length than the stock tubes. Or get creative and make it telescoping. Stock looking for no trailer, and you can extend em out when you hook up.
i thught about that , but that would mean taking apart the mirror head , would the glass have to come out ??

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
no thanks :nono:

I'll stick with my Dumbos and I love my vents. The wing windows and their function are one of the reasons I love these trucks.

I'm in the "love my wing windows" crowd. I never have them closed so I never give them a chance to whistle :D

I guess you never folded them all the way out to blow dry the family jewels, it feels good. :roflbow:

those mirrors look horrible when on a truck. a friend of mine put them on his dually thinking that they would look around the giant headache rack of his flatbed and they sucked. he ended up with the big 5 point mirrors that mount above and bellow hte window.

I'm with you they make a big differance, untill a damn bee gets sucked in them and is implanted into your crotch and pissed off lol
I like Mine vent windows for all of the above reasons,about them bees,well,thats just all a part of the legacy and fun.
I have a 93 GMC with the solid side windows,it is lacking in that I cant crack open a vent window and suck the smoke off a mine cigamettes right out,I crack open a side window of the 93 just far enough,or a bit wider,and ,You talk about wind a howlin,it really sucks,or blows,depends on which way the wind is coming from.

THE DODGE MIRRORS ARE ONLY $140 A PAIR, SO I MIGHT get them and see what i can do to make it work
Please do a write up while fabbing this conversion so`s if anyone wants to repeat it,well, it`ll make it a lot easier for them,maby Mee too.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
HERE IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH YESTERDAY

You must be registered for see images

Only thing take shake a little bcs of the length .

friscobob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Where did those mirrors come from, original post no longer show pics.
Bob

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
they are from a duramax

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
None Yet
Truck Model
None Yet
Engine Size
None Yet
Dodge Tow Mirrors

Just found these on a site the other day, and figured that you guys would like them. They are Dodge Tow Mirrors on a Square. I'd do a one piece window with a plate over the front for them rather than a delete plate for the wing windows, but still looks pretty sick! :rockit:

[/URL][/IMG]

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Oh my... the hood on the truck is the exact thing I have been pondering recently. Take the natural beauty lines and extend them up a couple of inches rather than a traditional cowl hood. Only thing I would do different is have more of a lead in angle instead of a straight face. Interesting...

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Oh my... the hood on the truck is the exact thing I have been pondering recently. Take the natural beauty lines and extend them up a couple of inches rather than a traditional cowl hood. Only thing I would do different is have more of a lead in angle instead of a straight face. Interesting...

You must be registered for see images attach

I was thinking the same. I like the look, but I think I would skip the intake. Just bump the whole hood up and leave it at that. I'm thinking like a cross of the newer 2500/3500HD hoods and ours.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Sexy biotch!

Sent from the dust in front of you!

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Just found these on a site the other day, and figured that you guys would like them. They are Dodge Tow Mirrors on a Square. I'd do a one piece window with a plate over the front for them rather than a delete plate for the wing windows, but still looks pretty sick! :rockit:

[/URL][/IMG]

Sexy biotch!

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I was thinking the same. I like the look, but I think I would skip the intake. Just bump the whole hood up and leave it at that. I'm thinking like a cross of the newer 2500/3500HD hoods and ours.

Most definitely skip the fake intake! I have been on the look out for a "cheap" hood locally to play with. Cut out the center of the donor hood and graft it on. In my head I think it might look good, but I am still not 100% sure.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I just wish I knew where that guy found that hood, even my wife said "thats mean looking"!!!

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Truck Year
None Yet
Truck Model
None Yet
Engine Size
None Yet
Yeah, the hood does look pretty sweet, I've got to say that. I wonder what it would look like from the driver's seat, maybe like one of those newer Duramax hoods. I would be interested to see how it's done, but for some reason, I can't find it anywhere on the internet, even when searching by image.

Would definitely be a good way to make the truck stand out from the rest! :D

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
i like it but dont like the wing window delete.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk