Clicking from starter after undercarriage cleaning battery has 12.6 V

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbonde357

Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
V6, 4.3-262
Ran perfectly fine before I Took engine degreaser and a wire wheel drill attachment to the undercarriage, Washed away with pressure washer. Was mindful of electrical connections underneath but did get the starter very wet. Now it won’t start just clicking from the starter when I go to turn over. Starter and solenoid is only a year old. Considering giving it a few days to see if it dries itself out or do I need a new solenoid/ starter? Ignition switch is new and battery is new showing 12.6 volts I’m not sure of the cranking amps. Will hook it up to jump box and see if that does the trick. Positive connection is also confirmed to be tight to the solenoid. Fuses are also good.

Last edited:

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
somebody more knowledgeable may be along, but I'd say you are on the right track to let it dry out well over night.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'd be troubleshooting while the problem was present can you start it with a remote start switch? Do you have three good tight,clean grounds? Is the starter bolted up tight. Better to find the issue now then the day you run over a puddle on the way to the store. And put a holley on the ls swap for palladin.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
solenoid was wet runs perfect now thanks for all of your input.
So how are you planing on keeping it dry on the highway during a thunderstorm? I'd take a hard look at that solenoid and connections,I think there's more going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35