Can someone ID this wire for me please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Running through wiring in my engine bay while everything is out. I've decided to just clip what I don't need, well I came across this wire I believe I remember it sitting on the passenger side of the intake manifold when the 350 was in, not connected to anything.

Its a pink wire with a black stripe coming from the firewall plugin. It has a green keyed connector, other than this I don't know what else to say, currently battery is out and there are far too many loose wires out and about for me to hook up a battery just to see when this wire has power
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
With all the evidence presented, that is definitely a wire.
Idk where I'd be without the help you've provided lol

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Probably with a better attitude lol. Wish I could help but I always tear that crap out. @chengny or @1987 GMC Jimmy should be able to help you.
Yeah I wouldn't mind ripping it out but I don't know if its something I could use or may even need

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah I wouldn't mind ripping it out but I don't know if its something I could use or may even need

Mine was TBI and well now it's not it runs on 7 wires now and that includes the factory gauges too. Lol

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Mine was TBI and well now it's not it runs on 7 wires now and that includes the factory gauges too. Lol
Yeah lol I have a few luxury items such as lights and heater but I really cut down I the **** I don't need during this swap

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah lol I have a few luxury items such as lights and heater but I really cut down I the **** I don't need during this swap

I got that crap too I just meant the engine harness. You give me OBD2 fuel injection I'm good to go this primitive **** forget it lol. Concepts are the same I just usually tore it out for basic operation and carb.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I got that crap too I just meant the engine harness. You give me OBD2 fuel injection I'm good to go this primitive **** forget it lol. Concepts are the same I just usually tore it out for basic operation and carb.
Oh yeah for engine harness yeah currently I'm a totally basic bitch I've got my gauge sensors so like four wires total there then a tach and distributor so like 7ish wires??? Excluding plugs of course lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Oh yeah for engine harness yeah currently I'm a totally basic bitch I've got my gauge sensors so like four wires total there then a tach and distributor so like 7ish wires??? Excluding plugs of course lol

Don't forget starter and 12v supply to the distribution block and alternator. And grounds don't be afraid to add a few it can't hurt.

TheSquareGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wyatt
Truck Year
1985/1982
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Don't forget starter and 12v supply to the distribution block and alternator. And grounds don't be afraid to add a few it can't hurt.
Of course and cant forget the totally sketchy choke the previous owner put in

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I got it. I researched this on and off for the past day, and Jerry could have probably figured it out instantly, but here goes. I'm guessing this is on your '85, right? I saw a picture of the previous motor in it, and it had an Eddy carb. I'm also guessing that the stock Quadrajet is long gone. Anyways, if it's a 49 State (Federal) emissions truck, that wire plugs into a female connector that then goes to one side of the dual capacity accelerator pump connector. If it was a CA emissions truck, it's everything I said before except it goes to one side of the Mixture Control Solenoid connector on an E4ME Quadrajet and not a dual capacity accelerator pump connector. Unless you plan to run an 800 CFM 1985-86 M4M type Q-Jet with a dual capacity pump, and you have the temp solenoid for the other side of the acc. pump circuit, it's useless. I think what those were designed to do was give you a really nice pump shot when deemed necessary so it may be worth considering if you're doing like a built 454 or even a built 350/383/400.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk