C30 dually to k30 SWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evan201

Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
So I have been searching for a long time and haven't found any k30 SWDs for sale within a decent travel distance.
There is a fairly decent looking c30 dually that's been for sale for a while and I'm wondering how long it would take to convert it into a k30 single wheel drive. This is the truck https://stcloud.craigslist.org/cto/6005152851.html
I was debating on purchasing this truck as well and swapping the motor, axles and bed and other parts. And then selling the the regular cab truck while keeping the CC. Would using parts from a regular cab work on a crew cab?
https://fargo.craigslist.org/cto/6012432706.html

Is this a feesable plan or should I just keep searching for a k30 and do an engine swap? I want the 6.2 diesel for the mpg since it will have to be my daily driver. And will eventually put a lift and bigger tires anyways. The only towing I see in the future is a few dirtbike or four wheelers so the 6.2 should be just fine.

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
search for a d30. it fits the requirements you're looking for.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Front spring perches would have to be welded in for the front axle, as well as the shackle mounts for the rear of the front springs, and it has to be done very accurately. Steering components will have to change like the steering box, unless you want to run crossover steering. A lot of cutting to get the front 2WD suspension components out of the way will have to happen as well. The transmission will have to change, in favor of one with a transfer case, which will make the 2WD rear driveshaft too long. Converting a DRW 14b ff to a SRW is not as straight-forward as just taking 2 wheels off or changing hubs. The axle housings are different widths as well. Honestly if it was me I would keep looking. Which is exactly what I'm doing too lol. I would love to find a regular cab K30 dually, preferably '85 or newer. But I'm not up for all that work to convert a C to a K.

Evan201

Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Well now that I think about it. I might be able to get by with a 2wd in winter if I have the right tires and some sandbags in the back. I still plan on going to SWD and a 6.2 diesel though. Winters have been easy up here in Minnesota for the past few years and it looks like they will continue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli