Bushings, shocks etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbannister

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have 8' lift springs that are used and the only good thing is the springs them self, and thats basically it. Im wondering if there is anywhere i can buy all the bushings, shocks, stearing arm, shackles, and all the other goof stuff to complete the lift. Or would i need to buy everything individually?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
what brand spring? different manufacturers use different size bushings. as far as the steering arm you are going to need a combination of parts. I would get ahold of the manufacturer they would probably work with you. highdesertranger

Rdrash

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
7.4Liter
You don't need a steering arm..

You need crossover.

Don't foget the brake lines and driveshafts.

Jbannister

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Im not sure what brand the springs are.. There is there anywhere on them i could look for a part number or something to figure out the brand?

Is the steering crossover absolutely needed? I thought I could just get a taller steering arm.

And i guess you say i have to get another drive shaft because then i put the lift on it is going to make the drive shafts too short?

Thanks guys

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Im not sure what brand the springs are.. There is there anywhere on them i could look for a part number or something to figure out the brand?

Is the steering crossover absolutely needed? I thought I could just get a taller steering arm.

And i guess you say i have to get another drive shaft because then i put the lift on it is going to make the drive shafts too short?

Thanks guys

Used springs are hard to tell what they are , just get some caliper's and size up the eyes as well as the bolt size you need and call energy or prothane bushings.

Cross over steering is the way to go , but you do not have to. You can run a 6" steering arm with a 2" drop pitman arm on the box , (skyjacker) and be ok but it's hard on the frame with big lift and big tires. You should box the frame at the steering box or order an ORD frame brace kit.

ORD also has a 0 rate block you could add all the way around for an extra inch for those 40's , (I have used them a lot with 0 problem's off road).

You will need drivshafts for sure , even if they go out far enough to bolt up they will not be long for this world and pull out of the slip yoke off road.

This is my blazer with cross over steering and it has 9" of lift , (all spring , no body) with cut front fender's and 40" gumbo's on 14" wide wheels. Could use more lift but I dont want to go any higher.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jbannister

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
dang alright, thanks for the help man. looks like ill be saving up a bit longer for a driveshaft and the cross over steering, but all good things take time eh?

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Another thing is on my blazer I have a reid racing knuckle on the passenger side , (much stonger than stock) not a bad up grade if you wheel a lot. I also have the stock early model knuckle on the divers side so I have my tie rod on top . On your truck if you want to up grade you have to order the reid knuckle with the taper for the tie going on the bottom , (you can get them either way) and it will match your knuckle on the drivers side.If you want your tie on top like mine , (which only gives you more clearance) you will have to change the drivers side knuckle as well.

Either way I would go with the passenger side , reid racing knuckle for a cross over steering set up , its a lot thicker on top than a stocker.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Shock suggestions for a 3/4 ton Burb???
It still has the originals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I have had good luck with rancho 9000's

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Question about Rancho 9000's
It says they fit my truck if it has a lift between 2.5" - 4" of lift
I've noticed my truck is higher than a plain jane burb
Help....

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Question about Rancho 9000's
It says they fit my truck if it has a lift between 2.5" - 4" of lift
I've noticed my truck is higher than a plain jane burb
Help....

Get your burb on a level surface and measure center bolt to center bolt on your shock mounts , then pick the right shock's to fit. I have a spec book for rancho shocks , so once you know your measurements let me know and I can see if rancho makes something that will work.

I believe that a 90 burb has the same shock ends as the older square's , but anyway here is some 9000xl's I looked up this morning;

rs99036 = 21.125 compressed x 36.125 extended , (long dog)

rs99001 = 13.625 compressed x 20.750 extended , (not so long)

and a bunch in between , all with the L-1 end's on them , and I looked at the rs99036's at summit this morning and they have them , 110.00 each.

So get your tape measure out and have a party.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising