Brake Part Identification HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toocoo

Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
hi guys,

im currently doing a frame off on a 79' c10 frame with an 85 C30 cab on it.

Im at the point where i need to get my brake lines routed. Im buying the 8pc stainless kit from LMC but im missing the block thats at the front (see picture below with red arrows pointing to the part im talking about).

anyone have any clue what its called and where i can purchase one??

also my other question is, i have disc brakes all around including the rear. Do i even need this "block" anymore? being that i have discs all around do i need to upgrade this "block" with something different?

and last question....should i buy the kit for my 79' which is what my frame is or for an 85' which is what my cab is?

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Proportioning valve

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Inline Tube sells one for a 4 wheel disc set up. You may call them to see if it will work. You may be able to use an adjustable aftermarket proportioning valve too.

https://www.inlinetube.com/valves

toocoo

Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Proportioning valve

Inline Tube sells one for a 4 wheel disc set up. You may call them to see if it will work. You may be able to use an adjustable aftermarket proportioning valve too.

So often times i'll see them hanging right off to the side of the booster....is that the same thing?

and if i do in fact go with an aftermarket set up will an adjustable proportioning valve be the same thing?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Usually the parts hanging off the booster are for the anti lock brakes. The prop valves are commonly found on the frame rails or under the unibody depending on the vehicle.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
So often times i'll see them hanging right off to the side of the booster....is that the same thing?

and if i do in fact go with an aftermarket set up will an adjustable proportioning valve be the same thing?

On the El Caminos and Chevelles I owned, like most GM cars with disc brakes, the proportioning valve is mounted right near the master cylinder. Our trucks have them down on the front cross member as pictured above. I have never run an aftermarket valve, but I'm sure if you contact the Tech Dept for some of the after market companies they could steer you in the right direction.

The other thing is to make sure you are using the correct master cylinder. You need to make sure it will push enough volume of brake fluid. I know there are different bore sizes on master cylinders. I know when I did the 3/4 axle swap on my 79, I switched to the 3/4 ton master cylinder which was larger in size to hold more fluid. I would assume a late 70's, early 80's Corvette might work for you since they had 4 wheel disc brakes.

Last edited:

toocoo

Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

On the El Caminos and Chevelles I owned, like most GM cars with disc brakes, the proportioning valve is mounted right near the master cylinder. Our trucks have them down on the front cross member as pictured above. I have never run an aftermarket valve, but I'm sure if you contact the Tech Dept for some of the after market companies they could steer you in the right direction.

The other thing is to make sure you are using the correct master cylinder. You need to make sure it will push enough volume of brake fluid. I know there are different bore sizes on master cylinders. I know when I did the 3/4 axle swap on my 79, I switched to the 3/4 ton master cylinder which was larger in size to hold more fluid. I would assume a late 70's, early 80's Corvette might work for you since they had 4 wheel disc brakes.

I just got off the phone with Greg from Inlinetube....

MAN! they hooked it up!!

he got me the entire brake lines clips and prop valve for my truck. should be in early next week

toocoo

Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the help guys....much appreciated.

toocoo

Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok so i got the brake lines in and new prop valve...

is there anywhere i can find a brake line routing diagram? i want to make sure all this is routed correctly...

the brake lines i have seem to be the right size from front to rear diff but its the front brakes i cant seem to get figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith