Body moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layne02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
Truck is painted, looking to put new body moldings down side. I have seen the flexible molding like on it originally on ebay fairly cheap. Also looking at a kit from LMC trucks that is stainless for like $140. Anyone ever used the kit from LMC? Pictures? Thanks

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I used the kit from LMC for my '75 GMC and it worked well. However, I had replaced the fenders and was using the bed from a newer truck, so I had to redrill all the holes for the moldings in those panels, which took a while.

I would also recommend replacing your cab bushings before you try to get all the moldings back on and aligned. The cab has settled over time, and with new bushings it will sit a little higher. I used the poly bushings set from LMC, which also worked well. If you use poly bushings, make sure you lubricate them, which will reduce the squeaking as they move and take a set.

I do have pictures of installed moldings.

Bruce

Attachments

• 75gmck25_2.jpg
    75gmck25_2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68