Bed Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExPatSquareBdy

Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 ci
I got the original chrome "Boat" type bedrails with the faux-wood decal. Now, after 40 years I need to re-do the decor decal (faded to almost nothing left). Anyone with an idea, where to source self-adhesive wood decor which is meant for the outside (UV resistant)?

3M Di-Noc isn`t. They are for interiors and furniture. It`s a great product but too expensive to tear it off after two years of moisture, UV and elements.

Thank you for your ideas.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'd guess Avery or TrimBrite would still offer something. But it would be in wide sheets, for Roadmaster wagons and Wagoneers and such.

ExPatSquareBdy

Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 ci
I'd guess Avery or TrimBrite would still offer something. But it would be in wide sheets, for Roadmaster wagons and Wagoneers and such.

Thx. I`ll check that. Worst case - I`ll end up buying the rear panel sheet for a Roadmaster Wagon. It should be long enough not to patch up too often. Price will be hefty of course.

But for the true 70ies look...well...

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
I had the same thing on mine I purchased 2.5 years ago. Peeled off faded striping, thought about re-doing it. After I peeled old striping, left the aluminum showing. Did not look too bad so I left it that way.

ExPatSquareBdy

Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 ci
I had the same thing on mine I purchased 2.5 years ago. Peeled off faded striping, thought about re-doing it. After I peeled old striping, left the aluminum showing. Did not look too bad so I left it that way.

Found it. Believe it or not: Wood vinyl Duck Tape. If not nice: I'll leave it blank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrel