Ball Joints/Tie Rod Ends What Brand????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I actually haven't got anything done. I had gallbladder surgury the beginning of November and was good to go through the holidays, then the end of the first week of January I was rear ended by an illegal immigrant going 50mph. I was sitting at a stoplight. Needless to say, it slowed me down with a concussion, staples in my head, an abdominal wall hematoma, and so on. I'm recovering, but it'll probably be a bit before I'm back to crankin on the old square. Which sucks.....

If it gets to the point where I need to get this done before camping season, I'll take it to a shop I trust. I'm still undecided on the Mevotech or the Rare Parts. One of the two is going on mine.

Sorry I'm of little help.

Getting hit by an illegal immigrant...that really gives me a case of the red ass. Did everything get squared away with the logistics of it? Sorry about all that.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm working on it! lol

That wreck has me really thinking about the safety of my old square, and the lack of head rests. I woulda been phucked if I'd been driving it when I got hit....
They were illegal.did you get to keep them. Because seriously he/she wasn’t supposed to be here no body would miss them. 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but I’m sure dismantling him/her would of made me feel better.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'm working on it! lol

That wreck has me really thinking about the safety of my old square, and the lack of head rests. I woulda been phucked if I'd been driving it when I got hit....
Might have to look for some high back buckets out of a newer blazer or burb, and wait for it....a center console.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
They were illegal.did you get to keep them. Because seriously he/she wasn’t supposed to be here no body would miss them. 2 wrongs don’t make a right, but I’m sure dismantling him/her would of made me feel better.
I was knocked so stupid at the scene that I didn't really know much of what was going on, I was just in pain. Now that I can move all I need is 15 seconds alone with the sorry bastard and the world will have one less problem in it. Clean up would take longer than 15 seconds though.......

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was knocked so stupid at the scene that I didn't really know much of what was going on, I was just in pain. Now that I can move all I need is 15 seconds alone with the sorry bastard and the world will have one less problem in it. Clean up would take longer than 15 seconds though.......
15 minute would be better. Hey I’m on a trebuchet kick here lately. Put the sling around the neck and see how far the body flys once it separates. Oops thoughts leaked out. Lol

OkieFishMan

Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Might have to look for some high back buckets out of a newer blazer or burb, and wait for it....a center console.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Bad thing is my interior is completely 100 redone as of this past summer/fall. This wreck had really made me think of all my options. Do I 1) drive it as is and realize life isn't lived in a bubble, knowing that I'll be hauling my wife and 3yo and 5yo kids in it 2) retrofit better seat with head reasts into it 3) sell it and move on to a new, more modern rig (I've got a great down payment building)

Those are my options. My heart loves the square. Not sure what will be done in the end. For now I'm going to use it this camping season, as my kids still use full car seats with back rests. So that just leaves me and the wife as the ones more vulnerable. Decisions, decisions..........

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Bad thing is my interior is completely 100 redone as of this past summer/fall. This wreck had really made me think of all my options. Do I 1) drive it as is and realize life isn't lived in a bubble, knowing that I'll be hauling my wife and 3yo and 5yo kids in it 2) retrofit better seat with head reasts into it 3) sell it and move on to a new, more modern rig (I've got a great down payment building)

Those are my options. My heart loves the square. Not sure what will be done in the end. For now I'm going to use it this camping season, as my kids still use full car seats with back rests. So that just leaves me and the wife as the ones more vulnerable. Decisions, decisions..........
Can’t live in a bubble or in fear of what might happen. This is fresh due to the incident. Before that you probably paid it no thought. Just keep an eye out for HoseA and HoseB

OkieFishMan

Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Getting hit by an illegal immigrant...that really gives me a case of the red ass. Did everything get squared away with the logistics of it? Sorry about all that.
Some of the logistics are taken care of. My vehicle that was totaled has been paid for. As to the injuries and all that, its not settled until I am healed.

As to the illegal, I've heard immigration won't make a run up to my part of the state unless there are several of them to pick up at once. He was arrested, but I'm sure he's out a free man now. Had no insurance (I'm sure you've all figured that out, cause what illegal does) so thankfully I carry uninsured motorist so I am taken care of.

My only solace is the fact that the car he was driving was only 5 days old and supposedly he paid cash for it, so he is out the $20,000 or so that it cost. It was annihilated.

OkieFishMan

Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Can’t live in a bubble or in fear of what might happen. This is fresh due to the incident. Before that you probably paid it no thought. Just keep an eye out for HoseA and HoseB
I've come back to that a lot. If it were just me it'd be simple. Kids and wife, not as simple.......

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I've come back to that a lot. If it were just me it'd be simple. Kids and wife, not as simple.......
I understand that. My grandson will ride in my truck that’s why it’s getting 5 part harnesses.

Sublime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
m
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I actually haven't got anything done. I had gallbladder surgury the beginning of November and was good to go through the holidays, then the end of the first week of January I was rear ended by an illegal immigrant going 50mph. I was sitting at a stoplight. Needless to say, it slowed me down with a concussion, staples in my head, an abdominal wall hematoma, and so on. I'm recovering, but it'll probably be a bit before I'm back to crankin on the old square. Which sucks.....

If it gets to the point where I need to get this done before camping season, I'll take it to a shop I trust. I'm still undecided on the Mevotech or the Rare Parts. One of the two is going on mine.

Sorry I'm of little help.

OMG, sorry to hear about this - hope you get 100% soon!

OkieFishMan

Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Was he at 100% before the accident?
Actually, I think I was good to go all healed up from my surgery, just didn't get to enjoy it very long. lol

Now debating whether I was 100% in the head.........well that's better left for a different day! :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk