Attempted Theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Dang. That's a powerful statement, nicely done!
Because of this thread, I started thinking more about stuff like this. A CLUB on eBay is near 17 bucks, reckon I'll pick one up.
Sounds like fun!
AND!

Lmao @ "period correct". Thats hot.

Thank you, sir. You gotta have something on it. I'll tell you that it took a hot second to cut that steering club with a powered sabre saw. I imagine it wouldn't go as smoothly or as quickly where there weren't outlets and extension cords using a battery powered sabre saw or hacksaw.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
From what I've read, thieves figured out that you could spray the high strength locks (like the club) with liquid oxygen and then smack it with a big hammer, and the lock mechanism would just shatter. It was faster than trying to cut the lock or the steering wheel.

Bruce

Plane Dr.

Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C1500
Engine Size
Speaking of replacing the locks. My drivers door lock broke so I ordered the kit from Classic Industries for one key with both door locks and ignition.

http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1984/truck/parts/?q=TK1012

More convenient with only one key. The door locks are slightly different, they are longer by about 1/4", but they work fine. For the ignition cylinder, I had to pull everything out down to the turn signal switch, there is a screw holding it in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes