Anybody catch the new Top Gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those dudes are nerds, but it was still pretty cool and funny.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
To make it more fair they should have destroyed brand new trucks. Im sure all 4 manufacturers would have donated a truck since the show is big enough.

I think their dumb ass driving contributed to the trucks breaking in each case. But I think the show was made more to entertain than inform.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd almost have to say that guy was tougher on the Chevy than I seen the other 2 be on theirs. And I don't think I am being biased when I say that. However, I think the Ford had a tough break. Just cuz he hit a rock and trashed the D shaft, shouldn't have taken him out. I think the Ford would have outlasted the Dodge too. And look how new the Dodge was and how many miles compared to the other 2. The Dodge shoulda stolen the show but the motor couldn't even hang.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The episode where Jeremy drives the Reliant Robin is hilarious. My dad was very skeptical of the brittish accents and dry humor but after I showed him that episode we both were laughing so hard we were crying.

The limo episode was hilarious, the "panda" was awesome. My favorite episode is their second trip to the US for their "factual documentary". They stopped in Reno and made fun of it on tv, I LOVE that!

That same episode also showed highway 50 and the shoe tree a couple hours from here.

That was one of my favorite episodes... the non "entertaining" american episode :crazy: I love the sweet drifts with the zr1

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Yeah, I'm with Irish. Those guys on that show annoy me...they aren't funny at all, but they sure try and that's what irritates me. They just like to hear themselves talk.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah, I'm with Irish. Those guys on that show annoy me...they aren't funny at all, but they sure try and that's what irritates me. They just like to hear themselves talk.

It seems to me that they have pressure from the producers to act just like the Jeremy, Hammond, and James from the UK version..... which I think is sad. They should try to do something different because they dont even compare... Although I do like Tanner, but he is better on Battle of the supercars :imo:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It seems to me that they have pressure from the producers to act just like the Jeremy, Hammond, and James from the UK version..... which I think is sad. They should try to do something different because they dont even compare... Although I do like Tanner, but he is better on Battle of the supercars :imo:

Thats exactly what I picked up on and it was irritating. It seems like they cast guys of the same body build and almost similar facial features. A complete rip off. The 3 are not funny at all, the only reason it was entertaining is their awesome producers who have good idea's for the show and the incredible video they shoot from helicopters. All that seems the same as the Uk version, they cant apply brittish humor to american hosts because you get exactly what those three guys are, not funny.

They should just hire "The Situation", Eric Estrada and Ron White.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thats exactly what I picked up on and it was irritating. It seems like they cast guys of the same body build and almost similar facial features. A complete rip off. The 3 are not funny at all, the only reason it was entertaining is their awesome producers who have good idea's for the show and the incredible video they shoot from helicopters. All that seems the same as the Uk version, they cant apply brittish humor to american hosts because you get exactly what those three guys are, not funny.

They should just hire "The Situation", Eric Estrada and Ron White.

YES! and they need to keep it American, meaning det different writers, or at least let them improve it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Villano