Anybody buy used military tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I've got the famous 16.5s and just looking to get some new tread on them I currently have a beyond bald set. they were on it when I bought the truck. Just wondering if anyone else purchases them and whast a good site to get them? I plan on getting a rim and tire combo in the spring but wanting so thin to get me through the winter they are 36s and will probably want the same!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
If you're getting the hummer wheels with integral beadlock/runflat be aware the backspacing won't work right. They will be set in significantly. I have seen a site that cuts/welds the center to correct the backspacing but it increases the price a lot. Trailworthy Fab does the recentering...
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Hummer-Beadlock-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html
There was a place here in WV at one time dealing the used military tires but can't remember where. Ebay has a ton of them but shipping just about kills any transaction on there. Tirerack has them too as new Goodyear Wrangler 37x12.5x16.5, but DAMN they're expensive, makes the ebay option look a lot better.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I've already got a set of the military tires no humvee wheels I'm just gonna buy another set for dd just try in to find em.cheaper seems like they've gone up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad