Another from WV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Saw the referral at FSC and thought I'd drop in! Always been a fan of the squarebodies, prefer round eyes to square though. 73 being my favorite grill, dig the recessed look. I have a 78 K10 mud runner, 6" suspension lift, 38x12.5-15 TSL Bias, Corp 10 bolt front/12 bolt rear with 3.73s getting ready to upgrade the back to a 14 bolt ff with 5.13s front & rear. Other than that it has a 8k Ramsey, dishrag 350 with Edelbrock Performer carb, cam and intake, Accel supercoil and 10mm silicone wires, and of course what redneck truck would be complete without headers and cherry bombs lol. Anyway lookin forward to seeing other squarebods!:D

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
Welcome, lets see some pics. I have a 73 c30 that I will be restore some time soon. I do like the round eyes too ;)

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
This is the most recent one I have, sorry for the blurry cellphone pic..
You must be registered for see images

I do most of my wheelin at night, so most action shots are in the dark. Only way to go when you have 300 degree headers under your feet and no rug or mat..
You must be registered for see images

People ask me all the time what the stove pipe is for. I like to see the look on their faces when I say it's a coal-fired steam engine hahaha! Just my homemade snorkel.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
I was just going to ask that. I figured it was your snorkel. Truck looks sweet. Did you do the camo paint yourself?

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Sweet!

The only thing not to like about the Round Eyes is the design of the hood hinge. Once those hood springs stiffen up, it's time for a new hood and there's very little warning.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
Sweet!

The only thing not to like about the Round Eyes is the design of the hood hinge. Once those hood springs stiffen up, it's time for a new hood and there's very little warning.

Yep, you are right.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yeah I did the camo. I wanted a jungle tigerstripe type pattern and after a few beers that's what I came up with! Still want some darker brown to fill in some bare spots. And yeah my hood has been folded but I dont care. I welded angle in after stomping it back into shape, and just generally beat the hell out of it. Every time I take it out I have to fix something, had to put a new u-joint in the rear d-shaft today. My buddies are threatening to put a throttle stop on it so I might quit side-stepping the clutch at 4 grand in the mud bogs, but what's the fun in that? Ya gotta give the people what they came to see. It's like in baseball when the outfielders start moving in closer for a no-batter, when I see everyone coming in close I gotta make em run for cover!

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
nice ride man welcome from logan co.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yeah man I was sure I recognized them hills in your pics thread! Love the sound of that truck, what cam is in it?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
LOL yep them hills and mtns of wv.

old mans 84 in the video I posted? it's the comp 268h. regular old flat tappet cam.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
I like the stance of your truck. I'm slowly convincing the Mrs. that our Suburban needs to be lifted 4-6" for added safety on the trail and stability on the street. As you can probably imagine, it hasn't worked yet.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Took my wife for a ride in it soon after it was done and went over an off-camber bank and into an even more off-camber mud bog. She was scared to death it was gonna flop, she had her feet on on the passenger side door lol. Of course I no longer have a sway bar so I'm sure that has alot to do with that. :crazy:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
hey man is that road legal here in wv?

they say anything over 31 inches to bottom of the bumper or frame cannot be driven on the road much less get an inspection sticker, but then again heavier vehicles have no limits.

I know the 86 we had with a 4 inch lift on 33's was pushing the 31 inch limit.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I have WV Antique tags, so no sticker required. Just stuck with the driving restrictions. 12 noon on friday to 12 noon on monday, state fairs, county fairs, car shows, club events, and anything maintenance related. From what I understand, if you have a club sticker on your vehicle you can just say you're on your way to a trail ride or meet-n-greet. A GMSquareBody.com sticker might even get you by, they dont have the time to look up every club you might be a member of. And for maintenance related driving you could tell them anything from going to a shop for muffler or brake work, to going to get gas or air up your tires. No cats, no sway bar, no bumper height restriction, no fender flares...a buddy of mine runs 18x44s with no flares and open headers. If your truck is an 86 and you want antique tags you better apply the 1st of January because I hear they are changing it next year sometime from 25 years to 30 years being considered antique by the state. Oh and by the way, it costs $35 EVERY 10 YEARS to renew! Insurance is cheaper too because of the driving restriction. So if your truck isnt your daily driver I would look into it, especially if you live in a small town. City cops in Charleston are always straining their necks when they see me roll by without a sticker till they see the antique tags.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
never knew about them or the restrictions good idea.

As for an 86 we don't have one anymore but I know it's BS about the modified sticker and what not. I think I'd hate the driving portion though unless I made up an excuse like you said all the time, be my luck they'd follow me there LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewabird