Adding keyless entry/alarm to factory power lock questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I have a Viper 3100 kit on my 85 C10 Silverado with factory power locks and noticed the instructions call for a negative input and output to operate the door locks and to purchase an additional relay if the circuit is positive.

Is the factory system already a negative feed? If so what wires do I need to tap into? Thanks.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have the Viper 3500 on mine. It's a good system. Mine has a ground triggered relay. I'm assuming they are all the same year to year but I would check it if it were me. A simple test light would do it.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
After doing some probing I have found that the black wire with a white stripe going behind the driver side kick panel and into the door unlocks the doors, and the light blue wire in the same place locks it. They only get hot for an about a second or less when the switch is applied in the direction corresponding to the wire.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
After doing some probing I have found that the black wire with a white stripe going behind the driver side kick panel and into the door unlocks the doors, and the light blue wire in the same place locks it. They only get hot for an about a second or less when the switch is applied in the direction corresponding to the wire.
It's a ground triggered system. The orange/black is the only hot wire on the load (actuator) side. Everything else is ground on the control (switches/relay) side. You want to tap into the control side, the Tan and Gray wires going into the relay.

Attachments

• 85 ck door locks.JPG
    85 ck door locks.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad