Add a Tach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Put an 84 tach in my 79 last year. Bought a new printed circuit, tach harness and the blue gauge housing. The 84s tabs were broken off. Used the 84 fuel gauge as well. Works fine, last long time.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Huh, I looked for the combo myself, couldn't find it either. I coulda sworn LMC had it, guess I'm mistaken. If they were smart with the combo gauge it would use the power and ground connection already there for the fuel gauge. So you would just have to run 1 wire to the distributor, if that's the case (I bet it is). If not a tach only needs 3 wires, ignition switch power, ground, and the connection to the distributor. Hopefully someone who has bought on of those combo gauges can chime in.
The only combo I've seen on LMC is the one where the tach goes where the fuel gauge is. I would love a smaller tach to put in the empty spot on the lower left of my dash, that looks factory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DucatiDave