AC not blowing when selected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbenge350

Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Truck Year
Truck Model
c25
Engine Size
I have a 73 c25 and then highest speed on my blower is not working, which i believe is the blower resistor. My question though is that when you select AC on the controls the blower completely quits on all speeds. Could both these problems be related to the resistor being bad? Didn't know if anyone has had this problem.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I have a 73 c25 and then highest speed on my blower is not working, which i believe is the blower resistor. My question though is that when you select AC on the controls the blower completely quits on all speeds. Could both these problems be related to the resistor being bad? Didn't know if anyone has had this problem.

Internet diagnostics are tough, but I'm going with a bad blower relay.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Check the ground @ the blower motor case-it may be loose or just rusty under the grounding ring.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
If the '73 is like my '75, the high speed relay for the blower is controlled by the temp slider if its in Max A/C mode.

- When you move the temp slider over to Cold there is a detent about 1/4" before it reaches full max to the left. This temperature position will give you normal A/C and full control of blower speeds.
- If you slide it all the way over to the left (past the detent), you will be on Max A/C, which will put the vacuum doors in recirculate and the blower will stay on high speed.

My guess is that you have the temp slider all the way to left, so when you turn on A/C it is really be in the Max A/C mode and will only have the high blower speed. If the high speed relay is bad or the separate high speed fuse under the hood is blown, you won't have any air moving.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD