A/C Control box light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieScottsdale

Reaction score
First Name
Zan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L V6
This may seem like a silly question, but is there a light behind the A/C control box in 1986 C10s? To me it would seem stupid if they didn't, but it's becoming a pain to operate it when I have no interior lights.
Thanks!

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes there is a single bulb. a 194 bulb. not too hard to get to, just remove the dash bezel and then the ac screws. it wont pull out far but you can get it.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I'm pretty sure that you can get your hand up to that socket through the ashtray opening. It might depend on whether you are AC or not. If done through the ashtray opening, you are limited to using one hand - it's tough, but worth a try.

The lamp base releases from the back of the HVAC panel with a CCW twist. The 194 bulb is just pushed into the base. Grab the bulb with your thumb and index finger then yank it straight out of the slots in the base. You can feel okay about pulling against the wiring - it's a double lead connection and sturdy. Pull your hand out of the ashtray opening and load up a new bulb.

This is the tricky part, trying to press the new bulb into the socket with one hand - and doing that while not being able to see what you're doing. If you get the bulb to seat properly (test with dimmer to confirm), insert the socket into the back of the panel and twist CW to lock.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay