87 k5 blazer wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
when i had my 87 i had the same damn issue. my problem was the damn plastic tank selector valve bolted to the frame on the passengers side(were the bed and cab meet) i accidentally hit the tank selector switch to the tank i don't use and i flipped the switch back but the valve got jammed to the side not in use, inturn sending power only to that side. i tested with my multimeter the entire system i was getting power all the way till the valve. i pulled the plug for the sending unit on the tank i use but no power.... tested the other side that i dont use and bammm power so i bypassed the valve completely

WOOOOOO the OP didnt say anything about having dual tanks. If he does that is defintly something you need to look at. check for power and grounds both inlet and outlet

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
i have never seen a blazer with dual tanks.

i did not read this whole thread but did you check the fuses there is a fuse that act like that when its blown?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120