87 K10 Original seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbcasterlin

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
I posted a pic in the introduction thread but figured I might get more replies here. I got this 87' K10 Stepside on a trade. I have always liked the square bodies and I think I'll make this a rolling restoration.
Any idea if these seats are original? I'm going to take them to an upholstery shop here in Tucson and see what it would cost to have them redone

Attachments

• 20240427_172838.jpg
    20240427_172838.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240427_172848.jpg
    20240427_172848.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 21

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I posted a pic in the introduction thread but figured I might get more replies here. I got this 87' K10 Stepside on a trade. I have always liked the square bodies and I think I'll make this a rolling restoration.
Any idea if these seats are original? I'm going to take them to an upholstery shop here in Tucson and see what it would cost to have them redone
Not original.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Those may be "original" to that truck, but they're not GM seats. If the truck was "done up" at a dealer or one of those conversion companies, those seats were usually part of one of those packages. If you like 'em, have 'em redone. If you don't, there's many, many places to get seats for these. LMC, TMI, SloshTubz, etc

pbcasterlin

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
Those may be "original" to that truck, but they're not GM seats. If the truck was "done up" at a dealer or one of those conversion companies, those seats were usually part of one of those packages. If you like 'em, have 'em redone. If you don't, there's many, many places to get seats for these. LMC, TMI, SloshTubz, etc
Thanks, yes I think this was done up by the Chevy dealer. The original owner told me they bought it after they saw it spinning around on the dealers carousel. It came with the chrome wheels, 33x12.5 tires, bed cover, steps, seats etc.
I'm taking the seat to a local upholstery shop tomorrow to get an estimate .
I have been looking online at replacements....it can get pretty expensive lol

pbcasterlin

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
Thanks, yes I think this was done up by the Chevy dealer. The original owner told me the bought it after they saw it spinning around on the dealers carousel. It came with the chrome wheels, 33x12.5 tires, bed cover, steps, seats etc.
I'm taking the seat to a local upholstery shop tomorrow to get an estimate .
I have been looking online at replacements....it can get pretty expensive lol

pbcasterlin

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
Yeah, interior is shot. Also needs headliner, dash pad, carpet....

pbcasterlin

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
Dropped off the seat today at the upholstery shop. He said $650 to redo the seats...I told him do it. Hopefully it comes out nice, he does a lot of custom work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DucatiDave