85 Scottsdale dist. vacuum switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok, I have an HEI distributor with the 4-wire plug on it, I know it go to an ignition module,computer behind the glove box, but it had a 305, now it has a 350, it runs, but theres a vacuum switch/sensor on the firewall that I beleive is a tip-in switch, and theres a knock sensor which is connected, my question is, what was the factory appropriate supply of vacuum for it? I looked up vacuum diagrams for 305 & 350 and they either dont show it, or have many different configurations, as well as the tranny torque conv. Vac switch sensor as well,????

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
In my opinion, i would ditch that distributor and get one with vacuum advance, I severly dislike the esp. I converted an 85 silverado i had, its fairly easy just switch distributors, You wont have to worry about all that crap. unless you still have to get it emissions tested, not shure what all the rules are for your neck of the woods

T-ROD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yea, I was thinkin about a forum ive read that should work, because of the way its wired, the guy said that he took the green and white wires from the pigtail and crossed them to make it a straight foward hei, im not 100% sure it would work on all of them, but I might check into that, espescialy since It just had new pick-ups, ign. Coil, module, and cap put in it, lol, I put probably 2 or 3,000 miles on it since I did a tune up, btw, just out of curiousity about how much deisel does yours burn on average? Im lookin at gettin a 90 crew cab short bed 4x4 with the deisel, ive seen a few just wondered about the mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68