85 grille to 82 grille swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2manyburbans

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 suburban silverado
Engine Size
5.7 v8
There's a 82 burb for sale and I love the grille style I was wondering if anyone has done the swap and what it all entails please and thank you love you guys

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
As long as they’re both either single headlight or dual headlight trucks, it’s just a few screws and swap everything over.

If one is a single headlight and one is a dual headlight, that’s more involved because the core support and front harness are different

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Ahh yeah you’re right on that one
Yeah, when you replied I thought "he didn't specify GMC or not". I have been rebuilding the one from my 82 K1500 and the GMC immediately came to mind when I saw the post. I didn't realize that AMD offered more than body panels. I'll have to check into that.

HS

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yeah, when you replied I thought "he didn't specify GMC or not". I have been rebuilding the one from my 82 K1500 and the GMC immediately came to mind when I saw the post. I didn't realize that AMD offered more than body panels. I'll have to check into that.

HS
Oh yeah, we've got all kinds of stuff that's not sheet metal. Dash pads, interior trim bits, gauge bezels, A and B pillar trim, wheel well trim, grills, emblems, etc

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
we've got all kinds of stuff that's not sheet metal
I clicked on a link that you had posted (I think) and saw the showroom and vehicles along with wall art. I'll have to go online and check this out. I've not done any major work that last year due to my health but I have a yard full of back-log that includes replacing floors and body panels. I'm getting healthy again and have plenty to do. Thanks for the reply and post.

HS

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I clicked on a link that you had posted (I think) and saw the showroom and vehicles along with wall art. I'll have to go online and check this out. I've not done any major work that last year due to my health but I have a yard full of back-log that includes replacing floors and body panels. I'm getting healthy again and have plenty to do. Thanks for the reply and post.

HS
Absolutely. If you have any questions or run into any issues, feel free to reach out. I'll be glad to help

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
There's a 82 burb for sale and I love the grille style I was wondering if anyone has done the swap and what it all entails please and thank you love you guys
You will either need to grab the 1981/82 front bumper and run your turnsignals down there or make some custom brackets to use your factory 1983-87 parking lights behind the 1981/82 grill without provisions for grill mounted turn signals.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
So are the 83 and 84 GMC grilles
A buddy of mine picked up an 83-84 from FBMP. It was listed for $200 & he got it for $85...still in the GM box. He doesn't even have a GMC Square...it'll probably be back on FBMP soon.

HS

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
A buddy of mine picked up an 83-84 from FBMP. It was listed for $200 & he got it for $85...still in the GM box. He doesn't even have a GMC Square...it'll probably be back on FBMP soon.

HS
I'm sure he will double or triple the price since they are so rare. I wish someone would repop them. They have with every other one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81chevyc10