81 k30 no fuel.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZANJO

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454ci.
I have an 81 k30 silverado 454ci. Drove it in garage 7 months ago and now no fuel to carb. I changed the mech. Pump and pre carb. Filter and nothing. It has duel tanks...maybe bad tank switch button? Can' t hear any sound from tank switcher either. It did have a dead batt. So now new batt. Fuel pump and filter. Anyy ideas?

87gmcburb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic Suburban
I had an 84 burb that was fuel starved. I too replaced the fuel pump and filter. I did not have dual tanks though. After I ended up dropping the tank I found the small rubber fuel lines from the top of the tank to the hard lines was so old they were collapsing when under pressure. Just a thought?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
yep, check for air leaks and cracked rubber lines. You can also check all this by pulling the hose at the mechanical pump, with a 3/8" barb to 3/8" barb to another small section of hose that has a small hole punched in it and stick your air compressor wand in the end.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If fuel comes out, then you have a bad pump or a flattened pump lobe on the cam. If nothing comes out, you have an issue elsewhere. If you don't get anything at the pump, I would then go to the line before the switching valve and see if both tanks will siphon. If they both do, you have a bad switching valve or a bad hose out of the switching valve. If only one does, then you probably aren't actuating the switching valve for some reason or you have something wrong with just that tank, or both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad