8 lug steel wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
I have a 73 gmc 2500 with 16' 8 lug steelies...3 of the 4 are originals, one is a Ford wheel. I am haveing a hell of a time finding a original 8 lug steel wheel to match the other 3. I've had no luck on feeBay or CL. Anyone know any place else to look? Anyone have one to sell or know someone who might? Help a brotha out please...:High 5:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
All I can suggest is hit up every single parts yard in your area. I went through this scenario this past summer and I had a helluva time finding one to replace one of mine that was bent. I never did find one, so I used my spare.

Are you going to run hubcaps? If not, I would suggest getting four matching ones from a newer truck, or go with a nice aftermarket set.

Good luck!

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
All I can suggest is hit up every single parts yard in your area. I went through this scenario this past summer and I had a helluva time finding one to replace one of mine that was bent. I never did find one, so I used my spare.

Are you going to run hubcaps? If not, I would suggest getting four matching ones from a newer truck, or go with a nice aftermarket set.

Good luck!

There are a few yards around me and I will try that. I really don't want to get some from a newer truck because I want to stick the old steelies vibe. If I can find another one I am going to have them powder coated and then run as is, with the possibility of hubcaps if I want them.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
youre lucky. my 74 has 16.5 inch steelies. I can find 16 all day long, but not 16.5

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I couldn't go to a yard without tripping over the early-mid 90's style steelies. I almost went with a set of those to have the center cap/beauty ring look, but it wasn't really what I wanted, so I went the route I did. I had mine powdercoated white and am running the caps. You are kinda new so I feel it is my duty to pic *****...

You must be registered for see images attach

I still kick myself for selling that set of H2 wheels I had bought. I would like to get another set and see how they would really look. Or I am thinking of getting some wheels widened so I can run the hubcaps, but not be limited to the width of tire.

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I couldn't go to a yard without tripping over the early-mid 90's style steelies. I almost went with a set of those to have the center cap/beauty ring look, but it wasn't really what I wanted, so I went the route I did. I had mine powdercoated white and am running the caps. You are kinda new so I feel it is my duty to pic *****...

You must be registered for see images attach

I still kick myself for selling that set of H2 wheels I had bought. I would like to get another set and see how they would really look. Or I am thinking of getting some wheels widened so I can run the hubcaps, but not be limited to the width of tire.

Glad you did. Gorgeous!

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have a 73 gmc 2500 with 16' 8 lug steelies...3 of the 4 are originals, one is a Ford wheel. I am haveing a hell of a time finding a original 8 lug steel wheel to match the other 3. I've had no luck on feeBay or CL. Anyone know any place else to look? Anyone have one to sell or know someone who might? Help a brotha out please...:High 5:

I have one that I can let go of, you venture down here very often?

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
I have one that I can let go of, you venture down here very often?

perfect!...I am down that way often and could pick it up almost whenever...PM sent. Thanks!

t

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
here ya go, 74 gmc 3/4 ton with h2 wheels.

Attachments

• 74 gmc.jpg
    74 gmc.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 151

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What are your thoughts on them Boonie? Do they fit the style of the square? I kinda thought they might give off the Hurricane wheel vibe. But I have never seen them on a square in person, it's only been pictures.

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I like them. wasn't sure about them when I put them on, basically just put them on to get the truck home. had dodge wheels on it. :nono: these are the summer wheels off my 08 sierra. but they fit well, and just sit right. if I didn't want to go with the original look, and wasn't planning on ordering some 17x9 original style steelies for it, I would get another set of these and run them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paz4x4