79 K5 Blazer Maybe ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareDean

Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5,v30,c20
Engine Size
I am working on a friends blazer he bought and payed way too much for its been nothing but problems from the drive home after buying. Ended up building a new motor 355 nice off-road cam and some head work. Rebuilt the 205 transfer case and the sm465 trans
Now when we went to remove the 3 in body lift I found out the frame does not fit the body or match title I figure it’s from a 72 or older. Also unable to find a vin on body . My question is I have access to a 88 suburban. If I put the carb motor and tranny in what do I need to do to wiring harness to omit computer. And add a clutch pedal

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

SquareDean

Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5,v30,c20
Engine Size
Thank you

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I am working on a friends blazer he bought and payed way too much for its been nothing but problems from the drive home after buying. Ended up building a new motor 355 nice off-road cam and some head work. Rebuilt the 205 transfer case and the sm465 trans
Now when we went to remove the 3 in body lift I found out the frame does not fit the body or match title I figure it’s from a 72 or older. Also unable to find a vin on body . My question is I have access to a 88 suburban. If I put the carb motor and tranny in what do I need to do to wiring harness to omit computer. And add a clutch pedal
Hopefully, one of the other guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc you should be able to unplug all the injection stuff and the computer itself. Going off of the ,87 tbi truck I parted out, most of the injection wiring is kind of a standalone setup. If you want to use the in-tank fuel pump, you'll need a regulator to step pressure down to 5-6 psi, but I think all the sensors for the dash should still work with on their own. clutch pedal would be easiest to source from a manual trans truck, '84 or earlier. They went to a hydraulic assembly in '85.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The basic stuff goes over to the bulk head connector. There are a few FI system wires that go over there too, but they are in needed. The majority of the TBI crap goes into the cab threw round grommet towards the passenger side, they can be removed. I want to say after I rebuilt the engine harness on mine it consisted of like 10 wires opposed to the original mess.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The basic stuff goes over to the bulk head connector. There are a few FI system wires that go over there too, but they are in needed. The majority of the TBI crap goes into the cab threw round grommet towards the passenger side, they can be removed. I want to say after I rebuilt the engine harness on mine it consisted of like 10 wires opposed to the original mess.

Same with mine too, and it was just a carb truck with electronic timing. When you strip the harness down to the essentials, there's not much there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody