6/8" lowered and LS motor clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Does anyone foresee an issue with running this low and clearance with a 6.0 LS motor? I seem to read lots of talk on oil pan and ground clearance heights. And does an LS motor hang lower than a traditional small block?

My truck is what's in my signature.

Thank you.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Does anyone foresee an issue with running this low and clearance with a 6.0 LS motor? I seem to read lots of talk on oil pan and ground clearance heights. And does an LS motor hang lower than a traditional small block?

My truck is what's in my signature.

Thank you.

It will depend on your mounts. Tejas Steelworks mounts are optimal for lowered vehicles, as they move the engine up, so a stock truck oilpan will be flush, or just above the factory 2wd cross member. They do move the engine forward a bit, so you'll need to run e-fans and get a new driveshaft made, most likely.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Thanks for the info foamy. Those got me thinking for my install.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
It will depend on your mounts. Tejas Steelworks mounts are optimal for lowered vehicles, as they move the engine up, so a stock truck oilpan will be flush, or just above the factory 2wd cross member. They do move the engine forward a bit, so you'll need to run e-fans and get a new driveshaft made, most likely.

Beauty, and I see they've got a ton more info on C10 LS swaps. Thanks. :cheers:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

Do you know if it raises it up enough to give more room for the stock AC compressor w/o having to notch the frame? I'll call them tomorrow and ask if you don't know.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Do you know if it raises it up enough to give more room for the stock AC compressor w/o having to notch the frame? I'll call them tomorrow and ask if you don't know.

It looks like Dirty Dingo mounts will also clear a stock LS truck oil pan and possibly your AC compressor?

http://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=359_362

It states:

* These mounts will clear LS Truck low mount A/C but will not allow the engine to slide back, they mount against the a/c compressor bracket

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Thx, sorry for hijacking your thread a bit.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E

The compressor itself will clear. As far as hoses go, you can get 90* fittings from ColdHose that will let it clear, or you can modify the factory LS hoses, but that will require a small clearance in the frame to clear the compressor fitting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gage T