56" Rear spring hole locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Does anyone know how far back from the original spring hanger bracket holes in the frame the new holes need to be? I was doing some searching and found that some frames already had the holes drilled out from the factory for both springs lengths but I unfortunately just realized after I started grinding the rivets out that mine aren't there for the longer springs :lazer: . So now I need to drill the holes for 56" springs but don't know the measurements. Any help would be appreciated!

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
FYI I realize the springs are 4 inches longer but didn't know if that's the difference between the holes or if it was a little more or less than 4". Thanks

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Anyone? I'm really wanting to put some holes in this frame but don't want to put em n in the wrong spot. :)

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
The rear shackle hanger needs to be mounted exactly 4in back from the original 52in spring location.

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
When drilling the holes, has anyone made them larger (in the hangers as well) to accommodate larger bolts? Is that necessary or should I just use the widest bolts that will fit in the factory size holes in the hanger brackets?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
3/8 x1in grade 8 is more than adequate to secure the hangers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx