5.3 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C10man

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 silverado
Engine Size
I want to put a 5.3 into my 86 c10. as of now the truck has the original 305, 2wd, 700r4 trans... What will I need to make the swap (headers, wiring, cooling system, motor mounts, trans linkages, etc?) does anybody make a wiring harness tht would work with this sway?

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
lmc sells some stuff to do the swap along with a book about it

87lsxgmc

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
dirty dingo mounts work well, i used 4th gen f body headers on my swap, needed to clearance the frame slightly nothing crazy tho. i have read 5th gen headers work better as the driver side header wont be angled to the side. i used the upper and lower hoses from my donor truck fit perfect. i also did the wiring myself, check out lt1swap.com he walks you thru step by step really not that difficult. do you plan to keep the 700r4 or go for a 4l60e?

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
See my intro thread HERE.
Message me, or contact me via Facebook for more info.

toddoky

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
LS swap mount options

Hooker/Holley has a full system of components for this application that is about to be released also, so you have no shortage of options. If you can explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve with your swap, you will get a more comprehensive answer to your question. The accessory drive system and transmission you want to run will have the greatest impact on whether or not specific components or mounting kits will be compatible with your goals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartantx117