454 4L80 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Looking forward to seeing details and pics of your transmission swap. I am strongly considering a 4L80e behind my 454 tbi after the start of the new year. The microsquirt controller looks like a pretty straight forward standalone unit that should make installation pretty easy, although a little on the pricey side. My biggest issue is going to be adapting my Figure 8 pattern NP205 to the back of the transmission (cost effectively). Good luck. Keep us posted.

I have heard you can convert the 0411 ecm to wo
Looking forward to seeing details and pics of your transmission swap. I am strongly considering a 4L80e behind my 454 tbi after the start of the new year. The microsquirt controller looks like a pretty straight forward standalone unit that should make installation pretty easy, although a little on the pricey side. My biggest issue is going to be adapting my Figure 8 pattern NP205 to the back of the transmission (cost effectively). Good luck. Keep us posted.

go buy this ecm harness and swap into your truck, it will control the engine and the transmission.
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/computers.20231/

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
I don't know much about the black magic that goes on in those computers, so I prefer to keep it as simple as possible. I did do a quick google search of the 0411 ECM swap. Based on what I saw, it appears that swap applies to later model Vortec motors. I could be wrong, but thats what I gathered. What is the benefit of going with a swap like this? Is it just to have one computer that controls both the motor and transmission?? It looks like you can adjust a bunch of parameters on the 0411 ecm with some tuning software. But can you really do anything that is going to have a positive performance impact on a Mark IV TBI motor?? Or will this only have an impact on the later model motors?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I don't know much about the black magic that goes on in those computers, so I prefer to keep it as simple as possible. I did do a quick google search of the 0411 ECM swap. Based on what I saw, it appears that swap applies to later model Vortec motors. I could be wrong, but thats what I gathered. What is the benefit of going with a swap like this? Is it just to have one computer that controls both the motor and transmission?? It looks like you can adjust a bunch of parameters on the 0411 ecm with some tuning software. But can you really do anything that is going to have a positive performance impact on a Mark IV TBI motor?? Or will this only have an impact on the later model motors?

It does make it simpler to have 1 ecm control both, the 0411 can be bought a junkyard for like $35+ cost of harness, there are alot more options for tuning. I am upgrading the 98 454 I have to an 01 ecm for the tuning, capability, the ecm is faster so it reads and responds to inputs variables from sensors, it also can be tuned for over 4500 rpm unlike the TBI ecm.

ChevyRealHeavy

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
Update, I'm trying to get the motor and trans in by this month so as of now I'm just waiting till I can do a big summit haul. I've also been trying to sell my obs chevy to get some more money, but buyers have been flakey.

ChevyRealHeavy

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
Another update, I have a ton of parts ready for the 454. I have almost everything but a TCU, Im wondering if anyone has ran a ratchet shifter in their truck. I'm thinking I should just go manual valve body to save myself a bit of money.

You must be registered for see images attach

ChevyRealHeavy

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
I have a spare ecm for a 454/4l80e if you need one and the guys over at https://warrperformance.com/?produc...ess-1993-95-w-vss-without-trans-controlgm-efi can hook you up with a harness for around $250 they did mine all marked just plug and play

Appreciate it, but I really just want to run a carburetor and get rid of the TBI stuff that I never liked. I've already scrapped my old engine and TBI because it never ran well. Replaced sensor after sensor with no improvement before it dropped a valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1