Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Square 78

Reaction score
First Name
Heith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I just recently purchased a 78 k15. With a wore out 350. To day I purchased a dart shp block with a 406 roatating assembly. With a set of afr 195 heads with 75 cc combustion chambers. With the pistons that came with the kit it’s suppose to give me 9.5 to one compression. I didn’t wont much more because most of the gas stations around here close 89 is the best you can get. Ive still not made up my mind on cam intake or headers. The heads are set up for hyd roller. Planes are 35 boggers and a set set of gears. I wouldn’t mind a little bit of a stall. Any help would be appreciated. Will be driven on the road. So I won’t it to have good manners in town.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
plans? mud toy, tow pig, mall crawler with 35s you will need 410s to not be a hazard when pulling out in front of cars, 456s would be better.

Square 78

Reaction score
First Name
Heith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Honestly all of the above I guess you could say. It won’t it to be able to do pretty much all of it.

Square 78

Reaction score
First Name
Heith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
The main thing it will be used for really is running old dirt roads and going in river bottoms. Mud will be bad roads will be awful. Like I said any help would be appreciated. I’d like to get the carb intake and cam all at 1 time. I’m really looking for quick snappy throttle response. Thanks again

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
The main thing it will be used for really is running old dirt roads and going in river bottoms. Mud will be bad roads will be awful. Like I said any help would be appreciated. I’d like to get the carb intake and cam all at 1 time. I’m really looking for quick snappy throttle response. Thanks again

mud toy is high rpm hi hp usually high compression also

tow pig is lower compression and high low/mid range torque

mall crawler is stock motor with thumper cam for sound not performance

you need to measure how far in the cylinder the piston is at tdc to get compression figured out, once you have those numbers, you will need to know the stall in your torque convertor, gear ration and guestimate of weight before you can get a cam recommendation. Without these you are guessing that it will perform correctly and may it not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brcarlson75