4 link parallel bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hd16

Reaction score
First Name
peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra granda
Engine Size
n/a yet
i have a 1977 gmc sierra granda, i'm going to put a 4-link in what im not sure of is, can i put a narrowed 9inch ford. there is a 7 differance in lenght, i want to put 4-link on outside of frame not inside, will i have clearce enough for 50 tires thanks for any help

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
My four link on my 84 is on the outside of the frame and with the factory 10 bolt rear, I have about 1 inch between the link mounts and the inside of the u bolt plates. If your installing a narrower rear axle, you will probably have to install the four link on the inside of the frame.

hd16

Reaction score
First Name
peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra granda
Engine Size
n/a yet
My four link on my 84 is on the outside of the frame and with the factory 10 bolt rear, I have about 1 inch between the link mounts and the inside of the u bolt plates. If your installing a narrower rear axle, you will probably have to install the four link on the inside of the frame.
do you know how much the ride will change with the 4-link on inside frame

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Mounted inside or outside the frame the ride won't change. Any ride change will be due to different shocks, coil overs and spring rates. I went with airbags over springs for both height adjustment and ride quality. Although adjustable, spring assisted shocks have never been my friend when it comes to adjustability without rebuilding the valving, amount of oil and nitrogen charge if applicable. Air bags are much simpler and can be adjusted as you drive. If I were to go full out and desire to road course my square (my original intention on my build)....I would have gone with Ride-Tech adjustable coil overs. At a cost of about $3500-$5000 for their complete setup....it made more sense to use bags since my build went a different direction.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Coulda probably accomplished the same thing with a fat chick and factory springs, lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Or super ghetto cinderblocks lol

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Coulda probably accomplished the same thing with a fat chick and factory springs, lol

I thought so too, but when I called you sister, she said that she was busy.

Fat chicks tend to stay on your side of the country since they can handle the colder weather with their added Insulation. It is really a shame that Barnum and Bailey went out of business. Most people believe that it was due to the economy when in fact it was due to the shortage of tent material since East coast fat girls think that they can wear bathing suits.

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Or super ghetto cinderblocks lol

Do you have a pic of "super ghetto cinderblocks" ?? I'm thinking they might be kinda like adobe bricks, but I may be wrong. It's been quite a few years since I lived on the East coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06