350 tbi flooding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
tunerpro

You must be registered for see images attach

on this file i started it cold and ran it then unplugged the temp sensor. the iac closes and the rpm's change and the map reading changes, probably because of the change in rpm's. notice the temp. changes to -40 deg. like it should but what dont make sence is it runs leaner at -40 than it does at 70 deg.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
on this file i started it cold and ran it then unplugged the temp sensor. the iac closes and the rpm's change and the map reading changes, probably because of the change in rpm's. notice the temp. changes to -40 deg. like it should but what dont make sence is it runs leaner at -40 than it does at 70 deg.[/QUOTE]

Staring at some stuff in the diagram, and some other ECM related stuff...this may have narrowed it down quite a bit.
Is it possible you can post a picture of your O2 sensor setup on the header?

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
i checked the wire diagram first and noticed the black wasnt a ground. i checked yellow and black wires for ground and continuity and both were good.

Its actually an Ohms ref wire...kinda like a fuel gauge.

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
i have full length headers and the o2 sensor is in the collector. like everything else i have changed it flooded like this when the o2 sensor was in the factory manifold. when i had manifolds, the o2 sensor was the first thing i changed.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
i have full length headers and the o2 sensor is in the collector. like everything else i have changed it flooded like this when the o2 sensor was in the factory manifold. when i had manifolds, the o2 sensor was the first thing i changed.

Ok, next test. Gonna need you to look at the ecm plugs from the harness. I need to know what wires are in cavity A11, and D2. (color)

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
a11 is black and d2 is purple

don

Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
350 tbi
on the wire diagram i have shows d2 as black but on the truck its purple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy-14