2007 6.0 LS Swap Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smpoulin1

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 - Silverado
Engine Size
Hey guys,

I am able to pick up my old work truck for a song. It is an 07 HD2500 with a 6.0 and 6spd auto, 201k miles. I would like to swap these into my 85 SB and need some advice. These questions have probably been asked before so I apologize in advance. How hard is it to keep the DBW? Can I keep my stock column and shifter? Will the 6spd physically fit? Do I need a custom cross-member? Do I need to use the driveshaft from the HD? With the DBW, should I modify the stock harness or go new? How much of the stock harness do I need to keep? Can the DBW pedal be modified to work in my 85? What is needed to retain my A/C? How can I make the cruise work? How much trouble will the stock gauges be to keep, if possible? I'm sure i am forgetting a lot. Thanks for the help.

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
Hey guys,

I am able to pick up my old work truck for a song. It is an 07 HD2500 with a 6.0 and 6spd auto, 201k miles. I would like to swap these into my 85 SB and need some advice. These questions have probably been asked before so I apologize in advance. How hard is it to keep the DBW? Can I keep my stock column and shifter? Will the 6spd physically fit? Do I need a custom cross-member? Do I need to use the driveshaft from the HD? With the DBW, should I modify the stock harness or go new? How much of the stock harness do I need to keep? Can the DBW pedal be modified to work in my 85? What is needed to retain my A/C? How can I make the cruise work? How much trouble will the stock gauges be to keep, if possible? I'm sure i am forgetting a lot. Thanks for the help.

ok Foamy did all the hard work for you read his post http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13237

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man