2" Lift w/ 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Delete Account
Truck Year
None
Truck Model
None
Engine Size
None
Hello everyone,

Currently my truck sits on 6" of lift (all springs) and 35" tires. Living in MA I am having seirous problems getting it to pass inspection due to insanely strict lift laws. Anyways, to make a long story short, I'm thinking of giving in to "the man" and lowering my truck to a 2" lift (the max allowed in MA)with 33/10.5R15 tires. Since I already had the driveshafts lengthened for the lift I will probably have to get those shorthened again or possibly have a slip joint added. Based on the sparkling reviews of the EZ ride springs I'm thinking of going for the Tuff Country EZ ride all spring kit seen here:

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/147123.html

The truck is my daily driver and doesn't see any offroad action. My question to you folks is will 33's clear with 2" of lift and how will it look. Hopefully someone has pictures of a similar setup.

Thanks for stopping by I appreciate all your input. Below is how the truck sits now.

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
IME you should clear 33s with 2" lift. I had a friend with a K5 blazer that had 33s with nothing more than switching to 3/4 ton springs. My 84 K5 had 35s with 3" blocks and they cleared no problem. I've got 31s on my bone stock 87 suburban right now and have plenty of room to spare.

**** the man though. I'd throw 2" blocks in there to get it inspected and put the 5" back on later that day. I just had to fuss with NH inspections last week and it's ******* stupid. Until 6 months ago I used to live in CT where there are no inspections required for registration (only if a cop makes you go due to an obvious violation), and I was so pissed when I had to go through it up here. I never realized how strict inspection could be, made me realize that out of the 27 vehicles I've owned over the years, almost none save one or two would have ever been deemed "legal" or "safe" to drive. What a joke.

Truck looks awesome how you have it, too bad they're gonna make you change it.

Last edited:

Bucs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Delete Account
Truck Year
None
Truck Model
None
Engine Size
None
It's funny you mention throwing blocks in just for a sticker. I thought about swapping in the factory springs for a sticker as they are still on the frame in the back yard but the idea of doing that every year doesn't really appeal to me. I still might end up doing that. In a perfect world I would have some sort of quick adjust system that allows me to go from 6" of lift to factory with not too much hassle. So if anyone knows of such a system let me know!

Bucs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Delete Account
Truck Year
None
Truck Model
None
Engine Size
None
Thanks for the pictures. Nice looking rig you got there!

Bucs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Delete Account
Truck Year
None
Truck Model
None
Engine Size
None
Thanks for the input thus far guys. I've been trying to decide on a lift kit brand as well. I mentioned Tuff Country EZ Ride because I've heard lots of good reviews about them on the web. My question to you now, is Tuff Country worth the almost $500 premium over the 2" Rough Country kit that includes the same items for just $575 or so?

Beast2009

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
2" lift

33" will fit a 2 in lift. I have 1973 3/4 ton lifted 2" in the back and 33" tires fit great

Bucs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Delete Account
Truck Year
None
Truck Model
None
Engine Size
None
We're talking 33 x 12.5's correct?

FLKnifemaker

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
The 86 Silverado I just picked up is sitting on 33's with stock suspension. Nothing rubs..........so far :D I'm looking at a 2" lift. All the bushings are looking bad. The urethane bushings in the newer shocks are GONE, LOL!!! I need to start new again, all the way around.

kwhunt

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 Ton
Engine Size
Thanks for the input thus far guys. I've been trying to decide on a lift kit brand as well. I mentioned Tuff Country EZ Ride because I've heard lots of good reviews about them on the web. My question to you now, is Tuff Country worth the almost $500 premium over the 2" Rough Country kit that includes the same items for just $575 or so?

you can find EZ Rides cheaper. Check out SDTruckSprings 3" kit i paid 317 shipped! Selling the blocks and going with ORD rear shackle flip.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2355

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad