1990 serpentine setup in my 1986

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Well, I wrenched on it all day today, here's the bracket that I had to modify a bit. It bolts to the PS pump, alternator and exhaust manifold. I read that you can run it with out this bracket, but I decided to use at least on bolt with a spacer on the manifold anchor. I had to cut one off, I figured better one than none. I also got a reverse fan from a 2000, I had thought about going electric fans, but after seeing how much more air this puppy pulls, there's absolutely no need to go electric. In my opinion.
You must be registered for see images attach

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Done, just have to move over the a/c wiring to the other side. I started it up and its working really good! The biggest PITA was swapping the A/C pulley and clutch. I had to rent two different specialty tools to do it. But all in all, I'm very happy with the results. Oh, I couldn't get my smog pump in there, so I just pulled everything off and left it for now, I got current registration until Dec 2017, Ill worry about it here in the next few months.

Last edited:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here's a pic showing the RH side of a setup I recently did this summer-I prefer the non/smog brackets only because it looks cleaner-but here in Iowa there's no worries about smog checks anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 165

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here's a top view of the t-stat spacer I used for going to a Motorcraft 2-speed fan...

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 145

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
From the side....

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 147

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here you can see the Motorcraft T-Bird fan-I mounted it inside the stock truck shroud-I like being stealthy whenever I can....

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 173

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Here's a pic showing the RH side of a setup I recently did this summer-I prefer the non/smog brackets only because it looks cleaner-but here in Iowa there's no worries about smog checks anyway.

Aww man, you got a clean setup there. I drove my truck around yesterday, it seems like there's not the drag it had before, maybe cause I don't have the smog pump on. Unfortunately here in AZ, I have to have the smog equip to pass the visual inspection, it sucks balls. I tried to get my existing pump in the provision, but it was just a little to big to fit in there. I'm gonna go out to the Junker and see if I can find a pump off a 89-91 caprice/Camaro, if it will go in, then ill buy a new one. I also really like the whine sound the belt makes when revving the engine. Can I ask where you got that t stat spacer? I'd like to get one to move my t stat wire from the side of the block, that's really close to the headers.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Aww man, you got a clean setup there. I drove my truck around yesterday, it seems like there's not the drag it had before, maybe cause I don't have the smog pump on. Unfortunately here in AZ, I have to have the smog equip to pass the visual inspection, it sucks balls. I tried to get my existing pump in the provision, but it was just a little to big to fit in there. I'm gonna go out to the Junker and see if I can find a pump off a 89-91 caprice/Camaro, if it will go in, then ill buy a new one. I also really like the whine sound the belt makes when revving the engine. Can I ask where you got that t stat spacer? I'd like to get one to move my t stat wire from the side of the block, that's really close to the headers.

I bought mine from Jegs....CSR, Meziere, Permacool, just look on their site for small block Chevy t-stat spacers. I use the threaded bung ones because I like to run multi speed fans but you can get them w/ 1 hole or solid with no holes too.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If you do opt for electric fans or high draw accessories, I make these 140A alternator bracket kits to drop a larger, 6-inch case GM alternator in place of the stock 105A one. This one is on my 86 K10 back when Infirst mocked up the brackets....I used a CNC program to have them cut and a Bystronic press brake to get the correct angles to maintain pulley alignment.

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 168

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
If you do opt for electric fans or high draw accessories, I make these 140A alternator bracket kits to drop a larger, 6-inch case GM alternator in place of the stock 105A one. This one is on my 86 K10 back when Infirst mocked up the brackets....I used a CNC program to have them cut and a Bystronic press brake to get the correct angles to maintain pulley alignment.
That's way cool, as a matter of fact, the alternator I was running before was a larger 120amp CS130 that I bought about a year ago. I was thinking I wasn't gonna be able to use it anymore, so this sound like something I'd be interested in. What's the ticket on those?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's way cool, as a matter of fact, the alternator I was running before was a larger 120amp CS130 that I bought about a year ago. I was thinking I wasn't gonna be able to use it anymore, so this sound like something I'd be interested in. What's the ticket on those?

The 140A serpentine bracket adapter kits I sell for $129 and that includes:

-Main adapter bracket

-Alignment spacers

-Rear support brace

-Grade 8 metric hardware

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
The 140A serpentine bracket adapter kits I sell for $129 and that includes:

-Main adapter bracket

-Alignment spacers

-Rear support brace

-Grade 8 metric hardware
Right on. I'm gonna see how well it does with 105 amp alternator, if it doesn't cut it, I'll get back with you on that. Do you happen to have any pictures of the rear support brace your using?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Right on. I'm gonna see how well it does with 105 amp alternator, if it doesn't cut it, I'll get back with you on that. Do you happen to have any pictures of the rear support brace your using?

The rear support brace I'm referring to is part of the alternator adapter bracket-not the main serpentine bracket. I'd suggest trimming the steel one that mounts into the first two exhaust bolts/studs.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Here you can see the Motorcraft T-Bird fan-I mounted it inside the stock truck shroud-I like being stealthy whenever I can....

I haven't seen that setup before- (talking about that electric fan in the stock shroud).

Have any more info on that? P/N for the fan, or what year T-bird did it come from? How did you mount it? Know anything about the current draw?

I really like that...

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I haven't seen that setup before- (talking about that electric fan in the stock shroud).

Have any more info on that? P/N for the fan, or what year T-bird did it come from? How did you mount it? Know anything about the current draw?

I really like that...

It's an RF24 Motorcraft fan....typically found in 1993-97 Ford T-Birds and Mercury Cougars. It's rated at 4400 CFM on high and 3600 CFM on low. I measure 16-18 and 24-26 amps on average with used fans. I trim off the mounting ears so that it's a completely square shroud and it fits nice and snug inside the stock shroud-I use aluminum pop rivets to secure it in place. I build relay harnesses for them too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad