1987 R10 saddle tank install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Wright

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 R10
Engine Size
This is my first post, new to website. I have a project truck purchased recently. Previous owner (timing unknown) removed driver side tank due to rust. I've replaced the passenger side tank due to rust as well, but want to install driver side tank and run both. I've got tank ready to install as soon as sending unit arrives. The hard fuel lines are still in place on the cross member (condition unknown), and the 6 port connector valve is still there, just hanging. My issue is (a) I've never done any of this before, blundering my way thru it, (b) can't find a fuel line diagram anywhere on the net (c) have no idea if the sending unit plug-in is still up in the frame somewhere?

I would really appreciate any help on how the hoses are to connect from driver side over to 6 port fuel valve. I realize they are all different size (three hoses), so it should be kind of obvious. I guess I'll find out when I get it hung and start connecting everything.

Since previous owner bypassed the 6 port fuel valve, I'll have to extend the existing hoses on the passenger side and plug into the valve, then connect the hoses from the driver side. Any tips on what to look for?

Thanks in advance.

Love my Square Body!

JW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnabyjo