1977 rcsb stepside 4x4. whats it worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xicor37

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 reg cab, short bed, step side
Engine Size
355 TPI
A couple months ago I was given this truck. Its a 77 silverado regular cab short bed stepside. V8 manual trans four wheel drive. It has had a full frame off restore Including rebuilt 350 bored to a 355 with Holley 4bbl that has less than 2k miles on it. Frame is clean and crack free with a fresh coat of por15. All running gear is freshly rebuilt too. Truck starts easy and runs really strong. Has all brand new AC gear. Newish 33x12.5x15 mudders on rally wheels. Only thing needed is paint and reassembling. When I got the truck the body was disassembled and stripped for paint. It never got that paint and there is now surface rust on the whole truck. The body has absolutely zero rust holes anywhere though. Its solid as a rock. Odometer shows 60k original miles before rebuild. I'd like to finish it but its just not what I was looking for and I can't get interested in it. I was looking for a 50s-60s stepside.

So what's it worth? And would it be worth it monetarily for me to paint it bofire I sell?

~Tyler

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Hell yeah get it painted. It's the difference from somebody looking at it as a rust bomb piece of **** worth a couple grand (which you know it's not, you know what all has been done) or looking at it as something worth spending $5,000-$6,500 for.

xicor37

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 reg cab, short bed, step side
Engine Size
355 TPI
Would it really be worth that much? I have no idea what squares are valued at. Like I said, it was given to me.

Next question. What would be a good color for resale? Title states it was originally blue. What blue was there in 77? Would it be best to paint it original or maybe something easier to sell?

~Tyler

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Definitely spend a little bit and get that thing painted. Just like with a house, half of selling any vehicle is "curb appeal" and you'll get a LOT more out of it if it appeals to the buyers eye! So I would spend to have it painted (don't go over board, though, if you're just going to sell it) and then reassemble it prior to sale. Then you can sell it as a fresh restore ready to roll and you can ask quite a bit for it. In my area, a fully restored square can fetch anywhere from $7k to $15k. With yours being a regular cab sport side 4x4 you'll probably get more than those of us running long beds cuz they are more desirable due to looks.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Paint it. :High 5: