1965 Chevrolet C-10 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That'd be very cool indeed :waytogo: You can make them a little peppy too if you build them right. A guy in my truck club has a 50's era truck and has the 235 in it. He's got a custom manifold on it that holds 3 single barrel Carter (I believe that's the right brand :think:) carbs on it and he said it gave it considerable more get up and go :)

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
cool, Ive also heard you can put 350 pistons in them and get more ponies...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Is this one for your little brother or yourself? I might have read something wrong in the conversation thread.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I hope you keep it for yourself, and always talk yourself out of getting rid of it if it ever crosses your mind. I miss mine so bad I cant stand it. I would be daily driving it for sure. The nostalgia effect is irreplaceable.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is going to be my rig. Id rather little bro be in something newer with Air, new functions and not to mention I'm not crazy about him driving a first truck without ait bags and the gas tank right behind him in the cab

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Im gonna paint the CHEVROLET lettering white for the time being. Kinda set it off. Just talked to my boy who does body work, paint, said he'd LOVE to do the work on this truck. He did the low4x4 and also the black 86 I had, we put a lot of new panels on it and turned out fantastic
You must be registered for see images attach

Spent the last 30 minutes chipping away at the rock like grease on the drivers side front end...original balljoints still have the rivets. Love finding original ****

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Have you decided on a color? That dark green looks pretty good on there.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think dark metallic green Is a good choice...maybe even a nice white around the top of the cab. Can't decide if I want it lowered on 22's or stock height with stock rally's or moons.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I think I'm gonna be sick if you donk it/lower it. Keep it stock.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It'll most likely stay stock. I like newer trucks dropped because it sets them apart from every other stock exact same truck...But with the 85 and 65 no one else has them. So just freshen it up and drive her. Seriously I see maybe 2 squares a week. And less of anything older.

I pushed her in the garage. kinda wiped the interior down. I'm just not sure how to go about this. If I wanted a good paint job and to last, the best thing to do is to strip it, have the cab and bed mediablasted to expose all the rot, then buy the necessary pieces and have my body man graft them in. It would need a new tailgate, some new underhood pieces where the frame mounts to the support up front, new glass except for the back, then new rubber, blah blah list goes on. The frame and chassis components are in good shape, no real rust just surface.

I hate to do it half ass though and just have him fix whats been bondo'd, paint the truck and still have a surface rusted under carriage and still have to buy new rubber for the windows...I'd have him spray the interior the facto champagne they all came. Just sounds like a lot of work and money. But I dont want to just fix the bad spots and drive it around in primer.

Is this bumper factory?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
What I would do with that truck is exactly what I did with my 85.

It looks like the perfect candidate for a super slick daily driven classic bruiser.

Do everything on your own, it feels awesome.

That truck would be a head turner and great daily driver with primer, a 2 inch drop and some tastefull 15x8 wheels.

The beauty of daily driving a project is you do it little bits at a time over an extended period of time until restored.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What I would do with that truck is exactly what I did with my 85.

It looks like the perfect candidate for a super slick daily driven classic bruiser.

Do everything on your own, it feels awesome.

That truck would be a head turner and great daily driver with primer, a 2 inch drop and some tastefull 15x8 wheels.

The beauty of daily driving a project is you do it little bits at a time over an extended period of time until restored.

Exactly....I dont want it disassembled for a year, I want to be driving it.

WHen it comes to that, I'm even digging the guys who put a new paint job on a truck and then stress it to look old and patina'd. Cause thats the look thesedays...people want to see them original looking, not all cherry red and chromed out.

I think the truck looks good at the stock stance, minus the huge mudders in the back holding the ass end up. But I would like to see it lowered a few inches, even on ralleys or moons. Im really past the donk wheels. I prefer a nice set of 15/16" wheels with some good rubber. Youcan actually drive the truck without worrying about potholes lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06