1931 Chevrolet 2 door sedan (I think)

Is this worth buying?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Chev were 6cyl valve in head, f@rds were 4cyl flathead

Why wouldn't you buy a Chevrolet?
Funny you mention this.... my friend just bought a 50s ford flat head V8 and the valves are in the block. They're so wierd! and the cylinders are so small.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks everyone love to read your thoughts and comments, have a great day:boti:

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
While I really enjoy seeing these early cars I have to admit I have zero interest in owning one. Also if you take the fenders off and take all the character away from the car I lose All interest. Having a frame over 6 ft tall doesn't help, the interior dimensions are not made for people over 5' 8" or so and that may be a stretch.

The lower rad support/crossmember looks roached and there doesn't seem to be a piece on the whole car(or what is there) that doesn't need a total refurb.

Not to piss in you cheerios but the things (ready to drive) available for the 4k price of this treasure (which needs everything) are endless. It is a cool old car and I really dig the radiator emblem though.

Different strokes for different folks. Good luck.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks would be a total reconstruction, not to mention what kind of brakes is on this, things were much more simple back in the 30’s have a great day

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Even though it is a ford product, I would not trade the Falcon for it, it always is easier for Me to part with the cash then it is My possessions. :happy160::happy175::happy175::happy175:

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I briefly owned a 29 Pontiac that is built in the same way. You need or have the want to learn good carpentry and whittling skills. It is amazing how much wood is in the old Chevs, more or less a wood carriage with the outer skin of tin nailed on. That is why you don’t see many old Chevs hot rod’ed it is waaaay more work than a Ford. But awesome if you have the skills and patience. Enjoy

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I’m a retired Master Carpenter with a truck load of woodworking tools and 45 years experience in custom carpentry, we will see I too think he is asking way to much, but I guess it depends on which side of the fence you are on.

Thanks for your comments :boti:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner