‘83 Blazer soft topper/cage and canvas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlazerBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
See photo attached of a Blazer I found online. I’m trying to understand what is covering the bed. Look closely, is it a soft topper underneath a canvas cover that is snapped onto a roll cage that mounts to the cab? It looks cool and I would like to do something similar but that also has to be compatible or removable for the hard topper. Also, do “Softtoppers” fold down forward like on a truck which would be behind the front seats on a Blazer or do they fold down towards the rear on a Blazer? Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• IMG_7822.png
    IMG_7822.png
    327.6 KB · Views: 27

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
My bet is whatever that is in the pic is homemade.

As far as I know, the side panels on a Softtopper do not detach - they only roll up and tie in place.

Older discontinued soft tops like Kayline/STC, Bestop and Can-Back all used zippers where the side panels attached to the roof panel, that pic appears to have snaps around the upper perimeter.

BlazerBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Yep, it was my thought also that it was homemade. Looks good! I’m trying to design my own similar to that but there are a lot of considerations to be made. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod