04 Suburban oil pan, whew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Gus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 3/4 ton
Engine Size
454ci/7.4L
Holy oil sludge batman! Might not hurt to replace the oil pressure sensor, don't know if your era has the screens on them or not. I would imagine if it did it would be clogged up from that sludge!
Yeah, I thought of that too. I might.

Sgt Gus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 3/4 ton
Engine Size
454ci/7.4L
This is a good read here, but like I said, this is for 07-14. Not sure about your gen. @Old77 ?

Sgt Gus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20 3/4 ton
Engine Size
454ci/7.4L
That is a good read. Similar solution, seafoam for clean out which you may have seen results, and been running the oil change with the Rislone. Quiet now.
I use high milage stp synthetic and get their extended life filters (10,000) and change every 5-6k.
Been doing awhile, but I know the PO and doubt he used anything good other than cheap.
I didn't realize the oil pressure screen was that big. Definitely looks like worth the curiosity to change it and sensor.
Glad I didn't get into lifters. I can't be rebuilding two engines, lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That is a good read. Similar solution, seafoam for clean out which you may have seen results, and been running the oil change with the Rislone. Quiet now.
I use high milage stp synthetic and get their extended life filters (10,000) and change every 5-6k.
Been doing awhile, but I know the PO and doubt he used anything good other than cheap.
I didn't realize the oil pressure screen was that big. Definitely looks like worth the curiosity to change it and sensor.
Glad I didn't get into lifters. I can't be rebuilding two engines, lol.
Is definitely worth the effort. May not solve all the issues but won't hurt, either.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Do the screen if you get bored, but I'll second that 20 psi hot idle ain't bad. I had an '01 Suburban with 3xxk miles that did similar. I think I replaced the oring and de-sludged the pan around 250k, and a lifter would tick after about 3000 miles on an oil change. I just used it as a reminder when to change the oil and kept trucking. Eventually I thought I'd get ahead of it and replace the engine with a lower mile pull-out when it had 320 or something, but it was a mistake, the new one had a cracked head or something intermittent that head gasket sealer in a bottle took care of. Ended up selling it for other reasons, but I think that the original engine would have kept going just fine till 400+. don't remember the hot idle psi, but I doubt it was much higher than 20. All that you need is enough to push it everywhere it needs to go in the engine, and rise with RPM, and it looks like you have that. Run it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26