Yellow engine bay wire? Whats it do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
it looks broken under truck, but greasy and messy everywhere but i think its the same one. function? Any anything look not-right at a quick glance, like my Z bar or anything? If no one knows thats okay.

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
alsO, does my throttle cable look okay? and whats the lime green and black wire?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What could we possibly tell about the Z bar from those pics?
Only thing I can say about obviously not factory wires is if one end is not known where it goes, chase it to the other end. Or cut it in half and if nothing stops working, you don't need it!
What do you suspect is wrong with the throttle cable other than it looks a bit cleaner than most of the other components (but appears original based on the 40 year old looking weatherproofing around it at the firewall?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I do spy something that looks like a jerry rigged spring setup, possibly Zbar related.
And not to answer a question with a question, but what are the dallops of CV joint grease for on the steering shaft?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well, I may not have focused on the right spot but mine looks different, so I gots no answers - sorry !

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
What could we possibly tell about the Z bar from those pics?
Only thing I can say about obviously not factory wires is if one end is not known where it goes, chase it to the other end. Or cut it in half and if nothing stops working, you don't need it!
What do you suspect is wrong with the throttle cable other than it looks a bit cleaner than most of the other components (but appears original based on the 40 year old looking weatherproofing around it at the firewall?
Its bunched up real tight, just making sure making the hard curve is okay on the cable. i was gonna lube it. And Im just asking if anything looks suspect. Nothing more, I am looking for advice if there is any to be had. None to be had? Okay, no need to comment.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I do spy something that looks like a jerry rigged spring setup, possibly Zbar related.
And not to answer a question with a question, but what are the dallops of CV joint grease for on the steering shaft?
Mess made with a grease gun I never wiped up :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify