Wrong compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Trying to get the AC going, still have to get the idle solenoid for the carb. Anyways, their should only be one connector coming from the compressor. Dark green wire that runs to low pressure and a black ground. I have another plug on the back of the compressor I’m guessing for a high pressure side? Will it hurt to leave this connector off the compressor?

You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If it does not also have pressure release valve then it should be wired inline similar to low pressure switch

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If it does not also have pressure release valve then it should be wired inline similar to low pressure switch

Our trucks don’t come equipped with high pressure switches. I’m thinking I can just leave it off. Only purpose is to shut the compressor off if it senses pressure to high to prevent damage.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Should verify that there is a high pressure relief valve somewhere else on the compressor. I think that pressure switch is where the trucks have pressure relief valve. AC system either needs a high pressure relief or cut off switch or both, but should not have neither of those features.
Our trucks don’t come equipped with high pressure switches. I’m thinking I can just leave it off. Only purpose is to shut the compressor off if it senses pressure to high to prevent damage.