Wondering about Canadian distributors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarebodyparry

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
was wondering if anyone has bought interior/exterior parts from and good Canadian distributors. I live in Saskatchewan and know that Saskatoon has RPM parts which sells mostly all gmc parts. Does anyone know of any western Canadian distributors? LMC does sell some things that even after the conversion, shipping and duty/taxes is still cheaper than Canadian companies. Any info would be great and thanks in advance.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Hi Ryan and again, welcome to the site.
I believe we only have Cross Canada.. there are a few places in BC and Alberta where they sell LMC parts, but no deal there. Expect full US prices converted plus shipping and all taxes they can slap on them.
If you live close to the US border, best to research the first town south of the 49th. There will be some kind of business that will accept Canadian's orders. This is best way to save $. You will still pay taxes and whatever duties
they can come with, but will save on shipping and depending on which carries you use, save big bucks on brokerage fees.
Sometimes the price doesn't come into the equation because we just can't get the parts up here anyways.

squarebodyparry

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
I live roughly 40 minutes from the border of North Dakota and have thought of this trip more than once. Surprisingly enough I have found a few things from RPM that are actually cheaper in Canadian dollars then LMC offers. It an ongoing search being Canadian but that's just part of the game I suppose. Thanks for the reply.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I live roughly 40 minutes from the border of North Dakota and have thought of this trip more than once. Surprisingly enough I have found a few things from RPM that are actually cheaper in Canadian dollars then LMC offers. It an ongoing search being Canadian but that's just part of the game I suppose. Thanks for the reply.
Estevan? Weyburn? Oxbow? Moosejaw? Armpit?

MT84

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I'm just a bit south of you in Sidney MT.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
It’s a shame how you guys get taken to the cleaners when buying parts from the States. Canada and the U.S. probably have more in common than just about any pair of countries so you guys should get a break. Of course, I’ll let you guys keep PM Trudeau.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg