Wiring for blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crusin242000

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Hello , I have finally put all of my heater core and hvac parts in that were taken out by a shop. Now to connect all the wires. I don’t know where to hook up what as I didn’t wake it apart. Any diagrams or input will be much appreciated! Thanks , Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
AC or just heater?

crusin242000

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
It has ac and heat , sorry for the delay in response .

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Did they leave the wiring in place and just unplug it, or did they remove the wiring? Did they remove only the plenum under the dash, or take out the entire assembly?

If its all there with the stock plugs, its relatively easy to figure out what plugs in to each component. However, if they pulled out all the wiring you have a much bigger job ahead of you.

The electrical components on the plenum are under the hood.
- Blower relay (very obvious silver relay box)
- Resistor pack (mounts flush into the plenum, with electrical terminals sticking out.

There is also a 10 gauge power wire for the blower motor, which runs from the blower motor across the firewall through an inline fuse, connecting to the power junction near the brake booster.

Under the dash all wiring plugs into the dash controls.

You also have to figure out all the vacuum lines, which I hope are still there. There are four vacuum motors that need to be plugged into the dash controls.

Bruce

crusin242000

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
They took the whole assembly out under the dash. Most of those wires and vac lines were still attached. What wasn’t was cut and I was able to figure that out. The firewall side of the equation is what is slowing me down. Your explanation made it easier to picture . I’ll respond when I have an update. Thanks for the input !!

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I can take a couple of pictures, if it would help. I have a different accumulator than stock, but otherwise its still the original setup for the plenum under the hood.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
They took the whole assembly out under the dash. Most of those wires and vac lines were still attached. What wasn’t was cut and I was able to figure that out. The firewall side of the equation is what is slowing me down. Your explanation made it easier to picture . I’ll respond when I have an update. Thanks for the input !!

Some of this might help:

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii