Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
FYI, it is a misconception that wiring diagrams get easier to read with more experience. It might be different for people with the ability to memorize (photographic memory) the diagram after looking at it. For most normal/average people they are always difficult. I started reading schematics and wiring diagrams in middle school electronics classes. I still struggle to follow them and like the rest of you guys, I keep turning the diagram hoping it will make more sense, like someone reading a Thomas guide for the first time while driving.

The best advice I can share is what I keep repeating in my head as I work on wiring projects, concentrate on ONE wire at a time, to keep it from being overwhelming.
I hear ya. I'm good at a small handfull of wire like a headunit, a few amps, cross over, Car or Home Audio stuff...

I got this diagram and while looking at it, its looks nice, nicest one I have seen I think, but its just too busy and tooo much going on.

Also, I dunno where to look on the truck for some of the things.
I'm a Network Engineer and Competition shooter, not a Mechanic... I really have no business under my hood, but with restoring and older truck or or going very custom, I don't have a lot of choice. :) There are no custom shops close by me, or ones I'd trust.

WP29P4A

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have one of those colored wiring diagrams, It's the easiest diagram I have ever used, just because it's easy to follow the path of a wire based on color. The wires on the front carry over onto the back side. Saves you from having to remember color abbreviations as you follow a line that looks just like the rest of the lines. A quick search will help with the electrical symbols.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85swampdonkey