Wiring Color Codes 84 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quadracerx

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hey Guys...

This is my first post here so dont be too hard on me...LOL...

Here is my question... I need to replace my dash cluster and am trying to make sure I have the color codes correct for my 1984 C-10 (My frame/running fear is a 79 C30 1 ton, had to do a cab swap):

· Left turn signal is light blue?

· Right turn signal is dark blue?

· Fuel is pink. Im converting to single tank from dual, can I just splice/tie the pink and pink with black wire at the tank selector switch?

· Oil pressure is tan?

· Parking brake is tan/white stripe?

· High beams wire is light green?

· Illumination is brown?

· Coolant is dark green?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Steve

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here is my question... I need to replace my dash cluster and am trying to make sure I have the color codes correct for my 1984 C-10 (My frame/running fear is a 79 C30 1 ton, had to do a cab swap):

· Left turn signal is light blue? Yep

· Right turn signal is dark blue? Yep

· Fuel is pink. Im converting to single tank from dual, can I just splice/tie the pink and pink with black wire at the tank selector switch?

Probably just a nomenclature issue, but the fuel tank level indicating circuit does not involve (or even pass through) the tank select
switch. I'm guessing you mean the tank transfer valve.

NOTE: The PNK lead (that connects to the switch on the dash) is the power supply for the transfer valve and is hot from the fuse
block. Do not splice into that.

The pink sensing lead for the gas gauge runs through the firewall at the main connector block and then joins in with the rear lighting
group. It pops out of the rr lighting conduit between the cab and bed. An extension lead (also pink) is spliced on at that point. After
that it runs over to the transfer valve. If you plan on using the RH (auxiliary) tank, then yes, cut the PNK/BLK at the transfer valve
and splice into the PNK. If the LH tank is to be used, just run the PNK straight to that tank. Wiring diagram is attached below.

· Oil pressure is tan? Yep

· Parking brake is tan/white stripe? Yep - actually two TAN/WHT leads (one each from the e-brake and proportioning/combination valve)

· High beams wire is light green? Yep

· Illumination is brown? Yep - but it's actually gray, there is no brown lead into the cluster

· Coolant is dark green? Yep

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify