Wiper switch 1977 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1977 Blazer

Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
I bought the Blazer and there is no harness at all for the wiper switch under the dash. I need help identifying which wire goes where from the wiper motor to the switch. The motor has a black/white and grey wire coming from the top and white, grey and dark blue coming from the bottom. I’m not an electrician, please respond with which colors go where. Thanks, in advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
To me that appears to be the wrong wiper motor... 77 should have the washer pump attatched to the upper left of the motor.

1977 Blazer

Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Okay. The truck has gone through several modifications before I got it. The engine is a late 80’s 359 with a throttle body and who knows what all they did to the electrical system. Do you happen to know which wire goes where? The wires coming from the top have been cut and spliced at least twice. I need to get them running so I can pass inspection.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I honestly dont without looking at mine but im not near my truck.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Going off my memory, that switch you have pictured is '75-'77. It is not compatible with the '85+ wiper motor that is installed. Has a later steering column with a multi-function stalk been swapped in?

1977 Blazer

Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
There is a newer column, presumably from the same truck that donated the engine and computer. And that was it, I didn’t even try the column mounted switch because the steering column was butchered when they swapped it and figured none of that stuff worked. So, I’m an idiot.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There is a newer column, presumably from the same truck that donated the engine and computer. And that was it, I didn’t even try the column mounted switch because the steering column was butchered when they swapped it and figured none of that stuff worked. So, I’m an idiot.

So it works from the column?

If so... hooray!!! Easy fix!!! Lol