Wiper pump always on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metalzor

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
unknown
I have an 1983 K10 Silverado that I have recently replaced the wiper motor on(because the pump on it didn’t work). I have also replaced the switch (dash upgrades).

The problem I am having is the pump is always running while the wiper switch is on. Any thoughts?

Video

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have an 1983 K10 Silverado that I have recently replaced the wiper motor on(because the pump on it didn’t work). I have also replaced the switch (dash upgrades).

The problem I am having is the pump is always running while the wiper switch is on. Any thoughts?

Video
That sounds like a mechanical problem inside the pump. Does it still run when you disconnect the pump wires from the motor.

Also what brand of motor did you buy. There is a huge problem with defects in the Cardone / A1Cardone products and they make a slew of store branded reman units such as NAPA. If you decide that it's a defect in the pump (which is very likely), try to return it and buy a WIA new motor from Autozone, if you don't have an Autozone they will ship to home, and most parts stores can order WIA motors. Pretty sure Amazon has them too.

Hopefully that helps.

Metalzor

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
unknown
Of course it’s a cardone motor/pump. I’ll return it and find a different one. :(

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Of course it’s a cardone motor/pump. I’ll return it and find a different one. :(
Ya, I mean the one test you can run is to disconnect the smaller of the two electrical connectors I think it's two wires on the pump. That turns the washer on. If it does it with that unhooked it is most definitely inside the motor.

PawLou

Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
That sounds like a mechanical problem inside the pump. Does it still run when you disconnect the pump wires from the motor.
I purchased that same wiper motor twice, both did the same. I took my old one apart, resoldered the the five spots going too the plug, added some grease too the gear box, and all is good
Also what brand of motor did you buy. There is a huge problem with defects in the Cardone / A1Cardone products and they make a slew of store branded reman units such as NAPA. If you decide that it's a defect in the pump (which is very likely), try to return it and buy a WIA new motor from Autozone, if you don't have an Autozone they will ship to home, and most parts stores can order WIA motors. Pretty sure Amazon has them too.

Hopefully that helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey