wiper motor replacement choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emoze

Reaction score
First Name
lary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
old Question re-inspired by this thread which recommends the WAI brand motors from Autozone or PartsGeek; thread says the WAI is made in Korea - but research says WAI is all made in China

i find WAI WPM180 on ebay as the correct motor to fit my '84 C20

is the Parts Player "brand" motor sold on Amazon actually a WAI motor - it has the "same " WPM180 number preceded by PP which i presume is PartsPlayer prefix = PPWPM180?

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
old Question re-inspired by this thread which recommends the WAI brand motors from Autozone or PartsGeek; thread says the WAI is made in Korea - but research says WAI is all made in China

i find WAI WPM180 on ebay as the correct motor to fit my '84 C20

is the Parts Player "brand" motor sold on Amazon actually a WAI motor - it has the "same " WPM180 number preceded by PP which i presume is PartsPlayer prefix = PPWPM180?
That would be me! WIA is a Korean based company, they may produce some of their products in other countrys I really don't know. I just know they make good motors for our trucks. I have no idea off hand who makes parts player products but I'll look into that this afternoon at work.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Couple of things I can think of Autozone will ship to home. No idea what the shipping is like. Here is a link to WIA WPM180 on Amazon 1 left https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZI5Q1G/

The thing about Parts player and other "store brand" type names in other words a product name not a manufacture. As far as I can tell parts player is not a manufacture they are more of a brand. So yea they could be selling repackaged WIA wipers. An example of this is Spectra distributors, some are repackaged Richporter units from Canada others are WIA made. Both are good but until you open the box and read the instructions which have the original manufacture name on it. Until then you don't know. So about all you could do is order a Parts Player and see if WIA is marked on the instructions or any where else. If I had to take a stab based on the pictures, and knowing that WIA is the only manufacture I know of, and they are both coming from the same area, I'd guess it is likely they'd be the same, but who knows. Even if WIA is manufacturing them for PP they might be building them to different specifications or using different quality of internal parts. To many variables for me, I'd go after the WIA, but if you do decide to get a PP let us know how it works and snap some pictures so we can see it too.

emoze

Reaction score
First Name
lary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
good info - if i order the Amazon version i can send it back vs other online suppliers - i don't need it immediately since i rarely drive the truck & almost never in rain ... (deliver to home is a factor since i'm 20 miles from town & 40 from city with multi auto stores )

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
good info - if i order the Amazon version i can send it back vs other online suppliers - i don't need it immediately since i rarely drive the truck & almost never in rain ... (deliver to home is a factor since i'm 20 miles from town & 40 from city with multi auto stores )
Yes that's right, I'm a prime member and the shipping is one of the biggest pluses. Like you I live in the country there is a small town 12 miles from the farm with the basics. The shop I manage is in the city and is about 25 miles from the farm, so it does sound like you are more remote than me but I understand what you are saying. Obviously I don't use amazon for auto parts but pretty much did may Christmas shopping though them and my stuff arrived on my door step, can't beat that!

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes that's right, I'm a prime member and the shipping is one of the biggest pluses. Like you I live in the country there is a small town 12 miles from the farm with the basics. The shop I manage is in the city and is about 25 miles from the farm, so it does sound like you are more remote than me but I understand what you are saying. Obviously I don't use amazon for auto parts but pretty much did may Christmas shopping though them and my stuff arrived on my door step, can't beat that!
I use Amazon for things like gaskets filters and small parts. If I have a part number and a brand I know I will buy big stuff on Amazon and eBay as well. A lot of times they are being sold by relatively small companies. I bought a Cardone reman washer pump at O'Reilly as it was competitive and in stock.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I use Amazon for things like gaskets filters and small parts. If I have a part number and a brand I know I will buy big stuff on Amazon and eBay as well. A lot of times they are being sold by relatively small companies. I bought a Cardone reman washer pump at O'Reilly as it was competitive and in stock.
I have to admit last month I bought some oil filters and spark plugs on amazon, why? Their prices were lower than my wholesale prices and I sure like delivery!

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I bought this wiper motor from Amazon.

Premier Gear PGW-182 Wiper Motor... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C5OR68C/

It was only like $40 back when I bought it a few years ago. It has been absolutely great. I’m running 18” blades and they still run faster than ever.

This part number doesn’t have the built in washer pump.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I bought this wiper motor from Amazon.

Premier Gear PGW-182 Wiper Motor... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C5OR68C/

It was only like $40 back when I bought it a few years ago. It has been absolutely great. I’m running 18” blades and they still run faster than ever.

This part number doesn’t have the built in washer pump.
Well they are $67 now, I don't see who the manufacture is though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8